post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,456 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
car2go in Miami, limited time free offer!

If you're interested in car2go in Miami, the registration starts today. Do it ASAP and get free registration and miles...
Check out:
https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/for...91/#post516876 (direct link to the specific post)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I registered using code HEAT which is valid for Miami as of last Sunday night. Call them to confirm validity. Should receive materials soon.

People should register because soon your Car2Go pass will be valid in the other US cities and later this year internationally. How cool will it be to be able to spontaneously access a Car2Go in Berlin or Lyon when you need it?

There is a Miami city lot in downtown underneath I-95 which has I estimate 30 to 50 Car2Go smarts parked on it right now.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 05:34 AM

Car2Go membership materials arrived yesterday.

My number is in the low 35,000's.

Looking forward to my free rental.
The Following User Says Thank You to vwW12 For This Useful Post:
jwight (07-22-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
This car2go thing is really catching on. I wonder if it will happen in New York city. Be a great place for it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 05:09 AM

Have used car2go two times.

Got me exactly 1.5 blocks away from my office (because that's the limit of the Miami Home Area) for $6.80 and $6.40, in 17 minutes and 16 minutes, respectively. Plus tax. But the tax is not the fault of the company but of the greedy politicians and their tax-salaried constituencies.

Compare to $2.00 taking the subway plus the so-called "free" tram and totaling about 45 minutes to get to the same destination.

The cars are threadbare but look nice in black/gray interior. I never realized how much having a fabric upholstered dash really helps on cars with such plain colors. I think the nav/rent unit gives it a more updated look than the full size radio on our 2008. My friend remarked that manual mirrors is not a good idea in a rental car if you want to adjust the right rearview mirror. At least the windows are power windows.

The A/C on these new cars at full blast (120 miles and 71 miles on the odo) is less noisy than on our 2008 at full blast. The A/C cools better than our smart and made me realize I need to have ours checked. The windows are tinted! This probably does not hurt on the cooling department. Having never tinted windows on any car I've owned, this makes me question my assumptions regarding tinting for the first time.

Whereas most of the 190 cars sit forlorn in the C2G Miami Home Area, with some in extremely unlikely places such as 36th ave and 17th St W (really? Guys– that smart is going to get broken into before anyone rents it!), I can report that I've begun to see actual driven C2G's around.

I think not having Miami Beach is a huge mistake. Miami Beach is an even more natural environment for these things than the Downtown/Brickell area. My MiBe friends (some without car, naturally, but with plenty of disposable income) are clamoring for this service.

I hope C2G is successful.

Warning: C2G starts to count time from the minute you activate the transponder lock in the windshield until you deactivate at journey's end. Therefore, the C2G bastards rob you of approximately 2 minutes per transaction while you enter your PIN and navigate thru 2 additional pages in the Nav unit at the beginning and 2 pages at the end. This is dastardly.

Last edited by vwW12; 08-19-2012 at 05:12 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New here... I used the Cars2Go Miami service a couple times and it's a great sevice but they definitely are not familiar with Miami. They're willing to listen to user remarks about the good/bad areas, their service, the cars etc. I was sent a survey after my first drive and received 15 free minutes after I filled it out. I actually saw some of the recommendations happen a week later!!!
I asked about the service gravely needed in South beach/Miami beach and was informed their contract is with the City of Miami only for now.
A buddy came with me in the Smartcar and thought it was the biggest POS car ever made LOL. I thought it was a quirky fun car - definitely do the shifting manually to smooth out the jerky automatic shifting
One thing I highly recommended was miles driven/time used/total cost of drive on the digital touch panel - currently there no way to track it on it ( like a taxi for example) - so far I haven't seen any changes regarding this issue.

Last edited by Jpugz; 08-20-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode