Smart Car of America Forum banner

Any interest in a Arizona smart car club?

10K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  Mgarich 
#1 ·
One of my partners is involved in the Arizona Automotive Hobbyist Council (council of car clubs). When more of us have our cars, is there any interest in creating a more formal local club?

#12 ·
What about the domain name www.smart-az.com for a local club, or do we really want to be known as a bunch of "smart azzes?"

I am a web developer and could pop up a club website fairly quickly for this. If you are interested, PM me with phone number and/or email and let's try to get together in the next couple of week to discuss what we might want to do as a local club.

#14 ·
Yes yes yes! Count me in! I am currently in the BMW Z3 club and what a blast it is to create a parade wherever you go. These little cars attract attention on their own. Can you imagine the show stopper we'll create all together? By the way...where is everyone? I've had my little yellow Smart since January and have yet to see any other 2008 on the road.

#17 ·
I went ahead and put up a car club website at www.smart-az.com. Please register and let me know what you think (registered users can access more features on the site). I am still adding some more components, a chat box, personal and group photo galleries, etc.

This is definitely a work in progress. If you are interested in helping to write articles or plan events, please let me know.

QUESTION: Should this club be for both 450 and 451 owners?

#23 ·
I'm Registered. Now all I need is my car to really have some fun.

Thought of buying a box of corn flakes to see if I can find one that looks like a smart car. Maybe I could sell it on eBay. If the teens could find the State of Illinois and make over $1300, surely I could find a smart car and make just if not more.:cool:

Just passing the time and waiting patiently for my smart.

Teapots:)

#26 ·
I'm registered but changed my user name to "Bogey". That's the same one I use for my motorcycle club. And Teapots, I know you're waiting for the Smart to be delivered but I'm still waiting to configure mine!!! I was hoping for something in early summer so I could get the same gas mileage in a car that I get on the bike but have the "luxury" of air conditioning. Not going to happen as far as I can tell!

Looking forward to eventually meeting all of you and putting faces with the names.

Bogey

#29 ·
I added a couple of new features to the site, a shout box and a photo gallery. Any registered user can create a gallery and upload pictures to any public gallery by clicking on My Galleries.

I put up the photo from the Four Peaks gathering of three Smart Cars last month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.