User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Self promotion is Not marketing!
It won't work for him and it won't work for anyone who believes they can enhance
their Service experience by being a champion of the dealer.

Our side is irrelevant, That is the Folly of smart/Daimler Benz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvw57 View Post
sorry, should have added done.
Thank you for the support! We just want to tie up the easier ends that we have left dangling. smart centers certainly can do a better job with content on our social media sites. That is something we are focused on this month.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Self promotion is Not marketing!
It won't work for him and it won't work for anyone who believes they can enhance
their Service experience by being a champion of the dealer.

Our side is irrelevant, That is the Folly of smart/Daimler Benz!
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. What's wrong with promoting our brand via Instagram and Facebook? That way when something new and hot occurs you'll be up to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 12:29 PM

What's wrong with promoting me, Mr -smart-LA, Should be the question?

As you stated,
"Please add smart center West Covina on both your Instagram and Facebook accounts, this month."

And Your reason/cause celeb, was not to benefit us, it was as you self disclose by saying, in post #6 ,
" We're having a little internal challenge to see who can be the most engaging and involved, and it's all meant to be fun. "

Yes fun in the dealership for the employees who succeed in drawing more attention to smart Center Covina.
Please if you must use us for your personal self promoting to Penske Motors, don't insult our intelligence by suggesting this is all
for us, so we don't miss the "Hot", "New", Stuff.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quote:
What's wrong with promoting me, Mr -smart-LA, Should be the question?

As you stated,
"Please add smart center West Covina on both your Instagram and Facebook accounts, this month."

And Your reason/cause celeb, was not to benefit us, it was as you self disclose by saying, in post #6 ,
" We're having a little internal challenge to see who can be the most engaging and involved, and it's all meant to be fun. "

Yes fun in the dealership for the employees who succeed in drawing more attention to smart Center Covina.
Please if you must use us for your personal self promoting to Penske Motors, don't insult our intelligence by suggesting this is all
for us, so we don't miss the "Hot", "New", Stuff.
We want to grow our networks. That's the entire point of social media, you add us, you share with your friends, your friends share with their friends, your friends' friend's share with their friends, and you grow your circle of influence. This challenge is for ALL smart center's to get more involved in social media. It's to organically grow our brand and generate more discussion and friendly interest in smart.
Smart Bob likes this.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 01:17 PM

For anyone who thought otherwise, please note the latest confirmation.

Mr-smart-LA says once again that he is participating in a smart corporate
driven request: " This challenge is for ALL smart center's to get more involved in social media. It's to organically grow our brand and generate more discussion and friendly interest in smart. "

Someone stands a chance of winning a prize,,,,I'm an Optimist, but I bet it's not going to be one of us.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,346 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Garage
Ok, lets calm down here.... Mr-smart-LA has been an avid member of this site for about 5 years, he has always helped out when he can for owners that were having issues with their cars or with repairs that might not have been done correctly. A world of information! I am located in Minnesota, so there probably isn't much chance I will drive to West Covina for an oil change, but I still can support a valued member of this site.

I don't get any advertisement from the local dealer, even though they know me and treat me well when I stop in. I get more information from on here than anywhere else. If Mr-smart-LA has the insight to bring it to our attention, I see nothing wrong with that. He is posting in the correct section If you choose to not participate, that is your option. we don't need to get negative about MB policy when Mr-smart-LA doesn't have much control over it.

I don't see this as any different than someone asking to vote on a page for their relative to win a contest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimvw57 For This Useful Post:
Miss Mercedes (02-05-2018), Mister_smart_LA (02-04-2018), NW453 (03-06-2019)
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quote:
For anyone who thought otherwise, please note the latest confirmation.

Mr-smart-LA says once again that he is participating in a smart corporate
driven request: " This challenge is for ALL smart center's to get more involved in social media. It's to organically grow our brand and generate more discussion and friendly interest in smart. "

Someone stands a chance of winning a prize,,,,I'm an Optimist, but I bet it's not going to be one of us.
Mercedes-Benz is running a marketing campaign for today's Super Bowl game, to win a Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupe. "Last Fan Standing." Using platforms other than television commercials to promote the brands and/or models.

It starts in just a few minutes over one hour from now. The "last fan" with his/her finger on the C 43 literally wins the car. It's just a fun campaign, done via mobile phones. It's about being more active via the newest and latest forms of media, and challenges have been issued out. For more information, visit https://lastfanstanding.mbusa.com/

MB is doing their part, smart is doing its part, getting more active.

Last edited by Mister_smart_LA; 02-04-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Initially quoted the wrong person.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 06:28 AM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,643 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
When I first read the post the #1 post didn't have any text. I thought I missed something super secret!

I added West Covina to both platforms. Took all of 30s of my day.

I missed that C 43 campaign, guess that what happens when I don't use social media on the weekends!
Mister_smart_LA likes this.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 06:43 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,439 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1239 Post(s)
Due to technical difficulties there is no winner YET.

But, if you registered you may still win the C 43 by a random drawing.

Seems that the high level of participation in the Last Fan Standing game may have outstripped their technical capabilities - broke the computer?

https://lastfanstanding.mbusa.com/

The good news is,
the Mercedes-AMG C 43
is still in play.

The bad news is, when you try to achieve a technological first, things can sometimes go wrong. In this case, there were just too many of you. Every eligible registrant will be entered into a random drawing to pick the lucky winner, who’ll drive away in the Mercedes-AMG C 43.

We’ll announce the winner on our Facebook page as soon as he/she can be reached and confirmed. So sorry again for the hiccup and thanks so much for your fantastic enthusiasm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode