Smart Car of America Forum banner

New (to me) Michigan SmartCenter

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jwight 
#1 ·
I'm trying out the new SmartCenter in Ann Arbor, MI today, as Bloomfield Hills no longer is a SmartCenter. Having had to have the Cabrio's melted engine replaced with a used one, we are here for Her second 60K service interval—there was 88,000 miles on the body when the original motor melted down last fall on my road trip thru W.VA and the donor engine had ~58,000 miles on it at the time.

We shall see what we shall see about A-Squared...

EDIT: If nothing else, it's thirty miles closer to home.

#3 ·
It's also interesting to note that I haven't heard a peep about the only SC in Michigan being closed and a new one opening in AA.
I would have thought thaty there may have been some sort of email communication or press release. Maybe I just missed it.
I did hear by word of mouth that someone said that the Bloomfield dealership wasn't going to be selling the 453 and I never had enough interest to follow up.
It appears that smart is still intent on being one of the best kept secrets in Michigan, if not the industry.

#4 ·
Really a smart center....?

Just tried their online chat feature:

Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?
John
Hi; just wondering why no smarts are listed in the new car inventory?
Brenda Maynard
Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?
And then they disconnected. There are no smarts shown in their online inventory and other than the smart logo at the top of the page, no mention of smart period...? :shrug:

#11 ·
Just tried their online chat feature:

And then they disconnected. There are no smarts shown in their online inventory and other than the smart logo at the top of the page, no mention of smart period...? :shrug:
Is this at Ann Arbor? There were half a dozen Smarts of various vintages when I was there, this past spring, including one of the limited-edition models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.