Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   smart center Dealerships (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   New (to me) Michigan SmartCenter (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f53/new-me-michigan-smartcenter-111250/)

The Rigger 02-12-2016 10:30 AM

New (to me) Michigan SmartCenter

I'm trying out the new SmartCenter in Ann Arbor, MI today, as Bloomfield Hills no longer is a SmartCenter. Having had to have the Cabrio's melted engine replaced with a used one, we are here for Her second 60K service interval—there was 88,000 miles on the body when the original motor melted down last fall on my road trip thru W.VA and the donor engine had ~58,000 miles on it at the time.

We shall see what we shall see about A-Squared...

EDIT: If nothing else, it's thirty miles closer to home.

jsenka 02-13-2016 05:29 AM

I didn't realize that there was a new SC in Ann Arbor. That's good news for me, although I try to avoid the dealership.
It will be nice to have a nearby option.

jsenka 02-13-2016 05:47 AM

It's also interesting to note that I haven't heard a peep about the only SC in Michigan being closed and a new one opening in AA.
I would have thought thaty there may have been some sort of email communication or press release. Maybe I just missed it.
I did hear by word of mouth that someone said that the Bloomfield dealership wasn't going to be selling the 453 and I never had enough interest to follow up.
It appears that smart is still intent on being one of the best kept secrets in Michigan, if not the industry.

jwight 02-13-2016 06:57 AM

Really a smart center....?

Just tried their online chat feature:

Quote:

Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?
John
Hi; just wondering why no smarts are listed in the new car inventory?
Brenda Maynard
Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?Hi this is Brenda Maynard. How may I help you?
And then they disconnected. There are no smarts shown in their online inventory and other than the smart logo at the top of the page, no mention of smart period...? :shrug:

MB DNA 02-13-2016 07:07 AM

90 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwight (Post 1269050)

There are no smarts...

Maybe we should all query Brenda regarding their extensive smart Center inventory?

jsenka 02-13-2016 07:59 AM

:HeyYou:
Hello!!! There are potential customers out here!!

WhiteNBlack08 02-13-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsenka (Post 1269002)
It's also interesting to note that I haven't heard a peep about the only SC in Michigan being closed and a new one opening in AA.
I would have thought thaty there may have been some sort of email communication or press release. Maybe I just missed it.
I did hear by word of mouth that someone said that the Bloomfield dealership wasn't going to be selling the 453 and I never had enough interest to follow up.
It appears that smart is still intent on being one of the best kept secrets in Michigan, if not the industry.

Email? Press release? You do realize this is smart we are talking about, correct?

Advertising & communcation are foreign words to them...>:D

jsenka 02-13-2016 01:41 PM

My point exactly.
SmartUSA's website lists the new dealer with an invalid phone number (555-555-5555)!

Mike T 03-29-2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwight (Post 1269050)

Try talking dirty next time.....this response sounds dumber than Tay. :D

WhiteNBlack08 03-30-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike T (Post 1303050)
Try talking dirty next time.....this response sounds dumber than Tay. :D

I know you posted that as a joke, but just this morning, on the radio show I listen to, they said automated phone systems are now being programmed to recognize swear words. If they hear it, they know you are mad, and kick you out of the automated responses to a real person sooner!

May be worth a shot!!!:shrug: