News for San Jose, CA - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
News for San Jose, CA

As of 6/24/08, Steve Sneath no longer works for Smart San Jose! This could have been bad news for Smart San Jose. There is news of encouragement. The new Sales GM is Derek B., who races cars, tweaks engines, likes to go fast, etc.. Most importantly, Derek seems quite customer oriented. In my first conversation with Derek, he wanted to know what my top issues (not necessarily concerns) were with my local dealership - how to improve.

To that end, I asked Derek to focus on the Service Department. Customers need direct access to a Service Advisor; not a sales staff member.

Also, some of the Smart parts costs need to be brought in line with other dealerships. For example, the Smart clock and tachometer. San Jose quotes a charge of $700 + for the two items installed. Sacramento only charges $397.00 + tax (installed).

Summary: Derek seems qualified, motivated and tasked (by Doug Gold, Director of Northwest Operations) to make Smart San Jose a top Smart dealership. Time will tell, but I am optimistic.

Last edited by lowndex; 06-28-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Supportive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndex View Post
As of 6/24/08, Steve Sneath no longer works for Smart San Jose! This is terrible, because Steve was the only sale staff member who knew anything about the Smart performance, after market modifications, ..., anything beyond the standard sale brochure.

I guess mys ervice business will go to San Francisco.
Too bad, I guess, especially since you finally figured out what his last name was.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:37 PM

Store Manager Name

The former store Manager was named Steve Sheath (I have his business card). Sorry to hear he is no longer with Smart San Jose. I wonder why he left? I believe when my husband and I spoke with him he said he sold Jaguars in the past. I guess we all go to San Francisco.

Last edited by radaroriley; 06-26-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: additional inforlmation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM

well, this doesn't sound very encouraging as i'm expecting to pick up my car next month. :-(
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:56 PM

Not to worry folks. I will be taking over the smart car store in San Jose. I've been crazy about all types of cars my whole life. Been racing and modifying them for years.

I watched the Hayabusa youtube video so many times I got dizzy! I'll be getting settled soon and look forward to meeting members of the community.

Shoot me a PM if I can be of assistance.

All the best!
Derek
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome new Smart San Jose GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb View Post
Not to worry folks. I will be taking over the smart car store in San Jose. I've been crazy about all types of cars my whole life. Been racing and modifying them for years.

I watched the Hayabusa youtube video so many times I got dizzy! I'll be getting settled soon and look forward to meeting members of the community.

Shoot me a PM if I can be of assistance.

All the best!
Derek
Steve knew just where to send customers who wanted varying levels of after market products. Everything from wheels to Smartuki engine upgrades. He never tried to sell said products; rather, when asked, was helpful with advice on where to find the 'good stuff'. If you pressed Steve, he would share his personal (not corporate) opinion of which parts added true value.

I just called and left my cell phone. I look forward meeting you.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 PM

Great talking with you this afternoon! Look forward to meeting you tomorrow at the meet. Can't wait to see your vehicle mods.

Derek

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode