smart center Atlanta - GA (Mercedes Benz of Buckhead) - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
smart center Atlanta - GA (Mercedes Benz of Buckhead)

Welcome everyone! We are the Smart Dealer for Georgia located at Mercedes Benz of Buckhead in Atlanta Georgia. We are scheduled for late Feburary , early March to open. Our staff is working hard behind the scenes for our grand opening.

We are very excited about the Smart Cars and our staff has been trained in every aspect of the Smart Car.

Our Performance Center will have the largest inventory of accessories available. Please contact the following if needed:

Emily Stubbs
Smart Car Sales Manager
[email protected]

Kevin Ingold
Performance Division Manager, Accessories and Performance upgrades
[email protected]

Mercedes Benz of Buckhead / Smart Cars of Georgia
2799 Piedmont Rd
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
404-846-3500

Websites:
www.mercedesofbuckhead.com
www.mbobpc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Well it is a start. Looking forward to e-mails and the delivery. Good timeing for me.
post #3 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
@ Bob:
Are you still planning on picking up your car from Atlanta?
Why not Orlando? Wouldn't it be closer?
I cannot believe they'd make you come all the way up here...

Last edited by Gortok; 01-05-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Garage
Thanks Kevin.
I look forward to meeting you two and seeing more of the dealership this Wednesday.

;)
post #5 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortok View Post
@ Bob:
Are you still planning on picking up your car from Atlanta?
Why not Orlando? Wouldn't it be closer?
I cannot believe they'd make you come all the way up here...
To be honest I dont know where the dealership will be. I just assumed it would be Atlanta because I live in Georgia. Orlando would be closer for sure. I guess I'll know when I get a call. Oh and Jacksonville would be even better at Brumos MB. We'll see.

Last edited by bobnyuma; 01-06-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Additional comment
post #6 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 10:50 AM

Garage
While I agree that JAX would surely be closer, they are not on the list of FL dealers (according to THE phone call). This is why I was thinking Orlando...
post #7 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortok View Post
While I agree that JAX would surely be closer, they are not on the list of FL dealers (according to THE phone call). This is why I was thinking Orlando...
Well we will see when it happens. I am a patient person. Seems age has done that to me and so many years in the Marines and Civil Service. My other option was an HHR from Chevy. I like the little panel truck they came up with. I have not seen a Smart in person yet, tho I have read a lot here and other places on the new one. Lots of assumptions but a few have come up with good timely comments. I am stiil very much interested in the car as my commuter to work. My old Corvairs would work too, paid for, but not very practicle for the real world driving today.
post #8 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM

1173 in ATL

Does this mean that if my car is available prior to your "Grand Opening" that I'll have to travel to some other city to pick it up? I'm an 1173 reserver so I'm hoping my car is ready to go prior to March.
post #9 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 04:57 PM

Garage
In 2005, I traded my 2003 V8 Dodge Dakota for a new Scion TC, since they decided smart was not coming stateside... I doubled my mileage from 13 to 26...
While the Scion (with 2.4liter I-4) is so much more practical for my daily commute, it's still four seats. More than double what I use. That makes the added space and weight a waste of gas money.

Two seats, about half the engine displacement, and possibly doubling my mileage once again...now that's more like it.

I drove the Euro spec car in October and found it to be very comfortable and quiet. The car had adequate power and I was surprised to find how quickly I adapted to the auto-clutch shifter and timing of the shift. The brakes felt very strong, obviously because the car weighs so little. You'll notice the front rotors are actually quite large for a car this size...

I have to admit, there are some days I consider trading the Scion. I hope I can continue to ignore this urge.
post #10 of 173 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Smartmadness.com
SCOA Club

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Att Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Kevin,
This is Marlon and I do plan to be there at the MB dealer today for lunch to take you up on your offer and to ask several questions regarding the SMART FOR TWO.
I am interested in finding out info regarding the cost of the Brabus kit. Again I am apart of a show team that is Nationwide. The team is called Elite and our website is at elitedriven.com. I will be seeking to recruit several SMART owners around Atlanta to add to our current team.In addition would like to later send you a proposal to see possibly what type of sponsorship opportunities there may be or discounts for our SMART or Mercedes members who are seeking to build show vehicles. Some of our current team sponsors are Meguars and Dunlop. Not only we may assist in advertising MB of Buckhead with a banner decal or by passing out flyers at local and out of state shows but it will give other Serious SMART tuners a second family if you will.
Im looking foward to chatting with you again today around 2pm Kevin.

Marlon Soley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode