smart center Atlanta - GA (Mercedes Benz of Buckhead) - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Smartmadness.com
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlssonpro View Post
as soon as they are done with the remodeling.. the furniture is in.. etc. So it should be soon. It is not us but the contractors and when Smart USA will certify everything. On Demo cars I do not have that info, do you have a car o order?
Well lets pray the contractors will keep working hard like they are. I drive by every 2 days and the progress is amazing.
As far as me I have sold my Mitsubishi Evolution 8 to purchase the SMART and now that car is sold I am just awaiting for my reserved SMART to arrive is a few months. However since the SMART will be a show car I plan to not waste anytime and am looking to start to purchase my accesories once the store opens so when my car arrives I can have it installed and then show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are very close , crews stayed late last night. It will be any day. We appreciate every one on being understanding with us. We want to open , but we want it to be right. I am expecteing 5 sets of Lorinser wheels in today from Germany. If any of you want accessories, especially wheels I would recommend getting an order in. Thank you again, Kevin
post #23 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
...We appreciate every one on being understanding with us... Thank you again, Kevin
Morning Kevin, It would be nice of you were able to show some appreciatation to those of us who have truly waited by bestowing some cool accessories on the first deliveries to your dealer. I know I've been waiting fairly patiently while others in the country have been zipping around in their smart cars for a month now. (Mostly kidding with you but I wouldn't turn down some cool stuff for my new car.)

Hope to meet y'all soon when I get my smart.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Update

Smart came in today and told us we have at least another week. Everything has to be complete. I am sorry I cannot give you free accessories because you have been waiting. Many people have been waiting all over the country. This is Smart USA directing everything. Our staff has been putting in many hours for all of our customers. We will keep you posted this week. Stop by and peek in the window if you would like. Thank you again.

Kevin Ingold
Mercedes Benz of Buckhead
and Smart Center Buckhead
Performance Manager
post #25 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Smartmadness.com
SCOA Club

Garage
Quote:
Smart came in today and told us we have at least another week. Everything has to be complete. I am sorry I cannot give you free accessories because you have been waiting. Many people have been waiting all over the country. This is Smart USA directing everything. Our staff has been putting in many hours for all of our customers. We will keep you posted this week. Stop by and peek in the window if you would like. Thank you again.

Kevin Ingold
Performance Manager
I understand.....
By chance can you tell me when you expect the truck to arrive with the SMARTS for the 1st reservees. Even if we can look at the exterior of the SMART alone would atleast hold us till the GRAND OPENING./

Please let me know what you can find out Kevin.

PS. Also can you tell me when Georgia customers will be able to purchase different body colored panels for their SMART at MB of Buckhead?
post #26 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

opening/ accessories

As soon as I know about the arrival we will let you know on here. Body panels have not come in but we can get them directly( a little more) if needed. I can tell you that Smart is way behind on accessories and it will be a while before they have everything. Panels would have to be prepaid before I order direct. We just got in Lorinser wheels today. I promise everyone that we will be the leader when it comes to tuning, accessories over all Smart dealers. Call any one of them and ask for wheels and I promise they will have nothing. We do not tal performance here, we do it! I have been doing this for 20 years and all of my contacts in UK and Germany came through. Look at www.mbobpc.com and click on smart cars. If there is anything special needed I can get it.

Kevin
post #27 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SIZE="2"
Carlssonpro;36344]Smart came in today and told us we have at least another week. Everything has to be complete. I am sorry I cannot give you free accessories because you have been waiting. Many people have been waiting all over the country. This is Smart USA directing everything. Our staff has been putting in many hours for all of our customers. We will keep you posted this week. Stop by and peek in the window if you would like. Thank you again.

Kevin Ingold
Performance Manager
[/SIZE]
Kevin,

I was really kidding about the freebies and know y'all have been working hard.

One thing though, many people who reserved on March 19th, 2007 like I did are driving their smart cars now. Just by reading this very website, I can see that a majority of dealers around the US of A are open and operating.

Also, I'm currently borrowing a car as I sold mine based on delivery dates given to me last month. I am not blaming anyone, nor want to place any blame but the fact remains I may have to pay for a rental car because for what ever reason, dates that were given to me by people at smartusa and smart center Buckhead were not met.

The frustration you're reading is admittedly impatience on my part mixed with a bit of annoyance over the inconvenience of not having a car at the moment.

Please know that I understand that you all are working hard and it just looks like I'm dumping on you. That's not my intent. Please remember that I am a customer who thus far hasn't had things happen as promised.

I really do look forward to meeting you all. I just wish it had already happened!
post #28 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

update

If I had a magic wand I would wave it and make the world happy! but I cannot make miracles...

We will keep you updated as it comes.

Kevin
post #29 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 12:10 PM

Kevin / Emily,

How about free tickets to the 2008 Auto Show this April for those of us in Atlanta who purchase from Buckhead?
post #30 of 173 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Smartmadness.com
SCOA Club

Garage
So Kevin or Emily is it safe to say this comming Thursday 2/21/08 SMART Center of Buckhead will be open?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode