LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Smart Center Birmingham

Hello From Birmingham,

I am a doing this report to give all of us here in Alabama some rays of sun shine. The Smart Center is on the way up. Here are some pictures of the construction. I stopped and talked with a represenative there a couple weeks ago and have asked that they get on the SCOA site and join. He anticipates the center opening in late July or August. I tlooks like it is going good to me. I will keep going by for updated pictures every few weeks for you interested.

Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 144_Bham_Smart.jpg (58.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 143_Bham_Smart.jpg (61.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 142_Bham_Smart.jpg (56.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Jeffrey White; 07-09-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Jeff! Glad to know there are some others in Bama as eager as I am! I emailed Karen at Crown Auto last week and she said they were expecting a grand opening around August 1st. I can hardly wait! I’m super psyched that Birmingham is getting its very own smart center! Unless I can score an orphan, I’ll be waiting a while. My estimated delivery is next summer L but at least I can go visit the little guys while I wait!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 PM

Jeff:

Hooray! Alabama joins the elite!

I picked up my smart in Houston on 5/1 and am really hoping to have a more local place to take it for service. An 8-10 hour drive is a bit of a pain, but it wasn't enough to prevent me from picking up the car. It was a risk, but a great decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 PM

Good for you, our's is due in port (Jax) on 6/27. We moved to this pristine island from Vestavia. We lived there for 8 yrs & loved it. One of best kept secrets in American IMO. Bought our Mercedes from Crown back in '87. Nice people. Good luck, Ron
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll be glad when the dealer in Alabama opens. I'd like to have an alarm installed, and have a repair center closeby!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 09:17 PM

I glad to hear construction has begun, the company I work for is at the Mercedes Plant in Vance. Last week a car hauler pulls up with two smart cars loaded from the port in Jacksonville, the driver tells me Smart Center B'Ham refused delivery. I called Karen,and without telling her who and where I was described the cars and said I would gladly take the Cabriolet of the truck and that a building was not necessary all I wanted was my smart.) David
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hello to everyone,

Just a quick update from Birmingham. We now have a "Smart" person at Crown Automobile. His name is Edward Walker. I talked with him today and seems likeable, but I have not met him yet. I did find out that the dealership was going to be under the Crown name and not "Smart of Birmingham".

I do have some more pictures from last week but forgot to upload them. I will get them on ASAP for you to see, but it is looking good.

I sure wish we could find out when cars are going to be slated for the dealership. I'm sure you want the same. By the way, does anyone know how many cars are supposed to be for Birmingham, I have scene very few of us here, but heard there where about 300 pre-ordered for Birmingham. If you know, please post.

Thanks
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I called Crown last week and asked a simple question. Is the Smart Dealership open yet. Got a simple, NO! No, "No but it is projected to be open at......." Not very happy with that. I guess when I had a customer service job I had a bit of courtesy and went the extra mile. I've heard that's a thing of the past.

My latest DDE is 7/23/08-10/21/08.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry for your bad experience. I have had nothing but good conversations so far with the Crown people. Mr. Musso has been very interested in what I knew from the forum and has been very open with me about the delays in opening. He told me the other day that he thinks the building is actually ahead of schedule. The unknown is with Smart and when the dealership will be approved to be open. They hope for the 1st of August. They were actually to open with info on the two vehicles that they could not take delivery of that showed up before the dealership agreement was signed. I hope you can find a better experience in the future. I fill that if you are unhappy with something, ask for Mr Musso or Mr. Walker. You of course can contact me and I will get to them and see if I can get you an answer.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Not really a bad experience. Not a great experience or even a good experience this time. I'll go with neutral. I'm sure once the Smart =dealer is up and on their own it'll be nothing but great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode