User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smart Center/MB of San Antonio

Just completed the 10,000 mile service at MB of San Antonio on my 2008 Smart Passion. Perfect experience. Just perfect. 11 on a scale of 10.

Made an appointment by phone earlier in the week. Light rain and yucky when I got there. Drove under the roof and was met by a porter who promptly summoned my service advisor who had all my info and after determining I would be waiting, (2 1/2 hours away) verified I had a cell and the number (Which he already had) and said they would get right on it. That was 11:20 with my 11:45 appointment. I went inside and went to the restroom. Noticed my car was gone 3 minutes later when I came out. I was hungry so walked across the street to Arbys. 30 minutes later I returned and looked at a couple of new Smarts in the lot. I went inside and was met by a very nice sales guy who said "HI" and then left me alone after I explained I was there for service. Customer lounge had 3 Flatscreens, A play area for kids (With more Disney Channel TVs) as well as a fairly complete snack bar (All complimentary) Fresh Ground coffee, Mango smoothies, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, popcorn and fountain sodas. More current magazines than my public library and several of the latest USA Today's.

Service was completed by 1:25 or right at 2 hours. In addition to routine stuff they check for all recalls and found I need the Vin Sticker thingy as well as something with the battery. They ordered both of these and will be ready the next time I go in. In addition to the 10K service, they also washed my car, vaccuumed it out and cleaned the wheels and dressed the tires. Car looks as good as the day I bought it.

Richard Witowski was the advisor and he and the crew were AWESOME.

I will definitly drive the 2 1/2 hours for their work.

Thanks Guys.

Last edited by CRPSmart; 02-18-2012 at 03:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CRPSmart For This Useful Post:
b322da (06-23-2012), jwight (06-22-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 AM

Good experience with test drive

Even I had a good experience at MB San Antonio when I went for a test drive.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
How much was the bill?.......(everyone wondered, so thought I'd ask....)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Cost of service

The cost of the service in SA was $249.77

And I got free Pastries. Very Pleased.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For those wondering what the 10K involves:

activated charcoal filter for A/C
engine oil and filter
windshield washer system fluid level, correct if necessary

and some looking and checking.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 05:43 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,439 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Dog Co View Post
For those wondering what the 10K involves:
And:
Customer lounge had 3 Flatscreens, A play area for kids (With more Disney Channel TVs) as well as a fairly complete snack bar (All complimentary) Fresh Ground coffee, Mango smoothies, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, popcorn and fountain sodas. More current magazines than my public library and several of the latest USA Today's.

= $250.00, a fair 10K dealer charge plus the pastries, yum!

But it's all good as not everyone feels comfortable in DIY mode with our smart and the OP seems satisfied with the lengthy drive and more important, the results.

It's good to have choices and CRPSmart didn't get his/her hands dirty!

Kudos to smart Center San Antonio and thanks to the OP for sharing this smart Center experience.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 06:00 AM

Thanked 1,232 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Hope those pastries where good for 250 bills. The dealer has to pay for thoses flat screens somehow.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
What a pleasant experience, seeing a positive report like this, after being a newbie reading so many negatives about MB/smart service. While I will do my 10K service very soon on my 2011 Pure myself, I have to give serious consideration to adopting San Antonio MB as my preferred dealer, even though it is more than a three hour trip for me from College Station. My nearest dealers are in Houston and Austin, but it is not all that much farther to San Antonio, particularly when it gives me a nice long pleasant drive in the Munchkin.

I did the 10K service at 5K myself, and found it to be no problem, but someday I am going to have to let reliable experts at a dealership have a look at Munchkin, most likely at 20K.

Thanks again,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSmart View Post
Just completed the 10,000 mile service at MB of San Antonio on my 2008 Smart Passion. Perfect experience. Just perfect. 11 on a scale of 10.

Made an appointment by phone earlier in the week. Light rain and yucky when I got there. Drove under the roof and was met by a porter who promptly summoned my service advisor who had all my info and after determining I would be waiting, (2 1/2 hours away) verified I had a cell and the number (Which he already had) and said they would get right on it. That was 11:20 with my 11:45 appointment. I went inside and went to the restroom. Noticed my car was gone 3 minutes later when I came out. I was hungry so walked across the street to Arbys. 30 minutes later I returned and looked at a couple of new Smarts in the lot. I went inside and was met by a very nice sales guy who said "HI" and then left me alone after I explained I was there for service. Customer lounge had 3 Flatscreens, A play area for kids (With more Disney Channel TVs) as well as a fairly complete snack bar (All complimentary) Fresh Ground coffee, Mango smoothies, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, popcorn and fountain sodas. More current magazines than my public library and several of the latest USA Today's.

Service was completed by 1:25 or right at 2 hours. In addition to routine stuff they check for all recalls and found I need the Vin Sticker thingy as well as something with the battery. They ordered both of these and will be ready the next time I go in. In addition to the 10K service, they also washed my car, vaccuumed it out and cleaned the wheels and dressed the tires. Car looks as good as the day I bought it.

Richard Witowski was the advisor and he and the crew were AWESOME.

I will definitly drive the 2 1/2 hours for their work.

Thanks Guys.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:16 AM

Thanked 1,232 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Our MB dealership here in the Kansas City is the best in the country. Still I'm not going to shell out that kind of money for a simple oil change and cabin filter. Do it myself for less then 60 bucks, every 7k miles. Even less without cabin filter. I hate dealership taking advantage of folks. Fiat does all maintance free for 3 years. Our Honda Fit, oil change, tire rotation, and cabin filter less then 100 bills. Simple oil change on a Honda is 34 Dollars, buy its self, every 8k miles.

Tags
smart mb san antonio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode