User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnyuma View Post
I must be honest. After reading all the treads and people comments, I am not overly happy getting the Smart I ordered. It would seem the dealers as usual need to feed on the frenzy of newness and we the customer must feed them. Any dealer only exists because of its customers. Over the years it has been felt by me that the dealer feels they are doing us a favor by selling a car to us. A lot of dealers have changed that attitude thankfully. But I dont feel good anymore about buying a Smart from the Georgia or Florida dealer association. I guess maybe I read to much here of the bad PR going on but hey there are a ton of dealers that are real hungary now to sell remaing 07 and the 08 on there lots. Not sure if I will get my smart, just dont have the fun I thought it would be.
bob, keep the faith man. this from someone who is only a smart enthusiast. i am pretty excited about the car probably for the same reasons you are/were. once you get the car, all of the other facets of the smart will take a back seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
As an outsider to your market, I'd say the Jax center is working hard to earn your trust down there. Sounds like the Orlando center has already lost all notions of trust from their customers. $800 doc fees are insane. I've heard mostly positive from most other dealers around the county. Our center up here in Bloomington has impressed me so far. One buyer mentioned they're not even being a "doc fee" here, which is a pleasant surprise if it's true, but I won't be surprised if there actually is some small form of the dealer guaranteed profit. However, you have to admit that it's wonderful that PAG has made the dealer network NOT charge a "market adjustment surcharge." I used to work at a very high volume Toyota dealer on the East coast, and they were known to charge upwards of $5000 for limited availability vehicles. Not many people would pay it, but they were always able to find someone who was willing to pay the extra "entry" fee. Thank you smart for not making us loyalists endure such frustration. I'm also impressed that the Jax center has themselves posted to this site and included their direct contact information. Unlike the Orlando center not even returning calls or responding to emails. anyway... Try to stay focused on the positives. All of these dealers are taking a relatively large risk by building/staffing brand new facilities to sell a limited production brand with ONE model. And this ONE model probably doesn't have a huge profit margin for them to work with. What I'm trying to say is there are so many great things about this car coming to the States that we need to be hard on those trying to take advantage of us and be grateful to the rest who are being upfront and honest.

Here's to happy smart motoring!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 07:25 AM

Thanks for the pep talk. Just alot of negatives running around has put a dampner on my good feelings. When I get a chance to go down to Jax and see/touche drive the vehicle I may change my outlook. Thanks to all who tried to make me a bit more upbeat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Hi my name is Randy one of the team members at Smart Jacksonville. I read your post. I hope that we can return the excitement to you about your decision to order a smart, after you get a chance to meet with us and see touch and feel the cars.

Randy Stevens
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Well thanks Randy. I need to get a better feeling, that is the truth. When things are ready down there let me know. Ya all have told me I am on the list so, we'll take it from there.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:55 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I must share this experience. I contacted bumblbee right off the bat to take him up on his generous offer. In appreciation I offered to make a donation in his name to his favorite charity. He called Alex and confirmed that his cousin was going to come in with him and swap rezos and take delivery of the car in stock now.

I then called Alex and made sure all was good to go. I asked Alex to fax me a credit application and to call me back how to proceed to the next step. He promised that he would call me back that very day (Tuesday). True to bumblbee's experience with this dealer the call never came. Late Wednesday I gave up and purchased an orphan from another dealer. Today I finally get a call, but not from Alex. It was the Mercedes dealership's F&I man who said he was asked to call me to answer some questions I might have. I explained it was too late, and he put Alex on the phone (Alex was standing next to him). I explained to Alex I had already bought elsewhere.

I have been in the car business and can tell you that this dealership is nowhere near being ready to operate efficiently.

The dealer I did buy from knew their stuff and the salesman, as true to PAG SOP, was also the smart F&I man that did the credit app in minutes.

Nuff said.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM

A very sad state of affairs in parts of FL.

Carnut, you purchased an Orphan, Above and beyond MSRP, destination, taxes what did they charge you?

Thanks
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartcar007 View Post
A very sad state of affairs in parts of FL.

Carnut, you purchased an Orphan, Above and beyond MSRP, destination, taxes what did they charge you?

Thanks
Just Florida Dealer prep - $499.00

(My local dealer charges $595 so I saved money)
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
I must share this experience. I contacted bumblbee right off the bat to take him up on his generous offer. In appreciation I offered to make a donation in his name to his favorite charity.

He called Alex and confirmed that his cousin was going to come in with him and swap rezos and take delivery of the car in stock now.

I have been in the car business and can tell you that this dealership is nowhere near being ready to operate efficiently.
We are ready to do business the right way. You can not swap reservations. If you pass on your car thats it. You can't dictate who we sell the car to next. smartusa will not swap reservations. As a matter of fact, they insist that the reservation holder with matching drivers license must be the one to take posession of the car. If the car is passed on, we have to turn that request over to smartusa to confirm the cancel. Then the car can be sold at the dealership.

It will be our policy to sell cars in our market first. Many smarts are showing up on ebay and on other lists for sale at a perimem that makes the dealer fee look like chup change.

On a positive note, we have received our first cars from smart today. We look forward to delivering many cars over the next 2 weeks. We appreciate your patience and look forward to delivering the smartcars.

Last edited by smartcenterJax; 02-15-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: ;
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 04:45 PM

What is "chup change"? Based on your post I can't imagine why eveyone would not be rushing to do business with you...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode