smart center Orlando OPEN!!! - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
smart center Orlando OPEN!!!

Great news!! smart center Orlando had it's first day of business in our new dealership yesterday August 14th. We are very excited about doing business in our new and convenient location right across from the mall at Millenia off of Conservatory Ln. It is a little hard to see us right now as our only visibility is off of I-4 East when you get off on the Conroy exit but we are here nevertheless!! Right next to Mimis Cafe and behind the construction of the new Aston Martin and Infinity dealerships going up our smart center is standing tall. Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Sincerely,
Amber Egierski
smart center Orlando

Last edited by Amber; 08-15-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 AM

Congratulations!!!!!
I am very happy for all of you and look forward to seeing you in the new dealership soon.

Ken Wagar
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 11:16 AM

Don't bother with this dealer. I had a terrible experience and was lied to. We were looking for a 2nd smart and were on their orphan list. Amber called me and told me they had a car for me. The next day their VERY RUDE sales manager JULIE called me to let me know that since I didn't live in Fla. they would not sell me a car!!! This is after I let my fiancee know that her new smart had arrived. Then they call me back and offer me a USED smart loaded with dealer mark ups. I guess this is the type of service you get when your smart dealer is not connected to a mercedes franchise.

ORLANDO IS A PERFECT PLACE FOR THIS MICKEY MOUSE DEALERSHIP.

Last edited by UNTODDLY; 10-21-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNTODDLY View Post
Don't bother with this dealer. I had a terrible experience and was lied to. We were looking for a 2nd smart and were on their orphan list. Amber called me and told me they had a car for me. The next day their VERY RUDE sales manager JULIE called me to let me know that since I didn't live in Fla. they would not sell me a car!!! This is after I let my fiancee know that her new smart had arrived. Then they call me back and offer me a USED smart loaded with dealer mark ups. I guess this is the type of service you get when your smart dealer is not connected to a mercedes franchise.

ORLANDO IS A PERFECT PLACE FOR THIS MICKEY MOUSE DEALERSHIP.

Apparently your local one did not do a good job either.....
Personally I did not have any problems with that particular dealership. They always friendly, and have all service parts and accessories in stock without markups.
It is might be a policy or maybe they just trying to keep all car locally so they can make money in the future on the service. I do not think it have anything to do with connection to Mercedes franchise. By the way, new location is just next to the Mercedes Dealership.

MICKEY MOUSE RULES!!!!!

>

Good luck getting your orphan!!!!

CUBE
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2008, 01:28 PM
SCOA Club

That's why you don't tell Anyone you have a Smart until it's in your hands! Don't assume you have it, it may not be the one when you get to dealer to check it out. Ask dealer ahead of time if sell to out of state buys more then likely not.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubefx View Post
Apparently your local one did not do a good job either.....
Personally I did not have any problems with that particular dealership. They always friendly, and have all service parts and accessories in stock without markups.
It is might be a policy or maybe they just trying to keep all car locally so they can make money in the future on the service. I do not think it have anything to do with connection to Mercedes franchise. By the way, new location is just next to the Mercedes Dealership.

MICKEY MOUSE RULES!!!!!

>

Good luck getting your orphan!!!!

CUBE
My local dealer is amazing. It's just impossible to get a orphan from them. Orlando is a brand new dealer with a very small orphan list. That is why I contacted them to get on their list.
If you would have taken the time to look, you would see that I already have a smart! Ive had it for 6 months and put 5k miles on it. We wanted a second smart. They had no clue that I already had one nor was it any of their business or yours. I do alot of business in Fla. That is why we got on their orphan list. They knew that I was not from Fla when they put us on their list and didn't have a problem with it then. THEY CALLED ME AND SAID MY CAR WOULD BE HERE OCT 6. Then they called back the next day and let us down and told us they couldnt sell us the car! That was their mistake that the CUSTOMER should not have to pay for. If they are so amazing they should have known this fact. Then they offered me a used smart with tons of dealer add ons. It was just a shady bad experience. I felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman. I truly feel sorry for you dude that those are the people that you have to deal with.

BTW, NICE ORANGE SMART... YOU KNOW THEY MAKE THOSE IN "GUY" COLORS. LMFAO.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
My local dealer is amazing. It's just impossible to get a orphan from them. Orlando is a brand new dealer with a very small orphan list. That is why I contacted them to get on their list.
If you would have taken the time to look, you would see that I already have a smart! Ive had it for 6 months and put 5k miles on it. We wanted a second smart. They had no clue that I already had one nor was it any of their business or yours. I do alot of business in Fla. That is why we got on their orphan list. They knew that I was not from Fla when they put us on their list and didn't have a problem with it then. THEY CALLED ME AND SAID MY CAR WOULD BE HERE OCT 6. Then they called back the next day and let us down and told us they couldnt sell us the car! That was their mistake that the CUSTOMER should not have to pay for. If they are so amazing they should have known this fact. Then they offered me a used smart with tons of dealer add ons. It was just a shady bad experience. I felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman. I truly feel sorry for you dude that those are the people that you have to deal with.

BTW, NICE ORANGE SMART... YOU KNOW THEY MAKE THOSE IN "GUY" COLORS. LMFAO.
I am sorry about your bad experience with the Orlando dealer. I don't know why it happenned but would like to correct your misperception about them being a newer dealership.

The Orlando smartcenter officially opened and delivered their first smart car on Feb 1st of 2008. I know this as I was the first delivery from the dealership. However they opened in a temporary facility and operated out of it until their new building was complete just a couple of months ago.

So. in fact they were one of the first dealers to open in the US it's just their new building that was recent. They have sold every car they can get their hands on and have sold a ton of orphans and continue to have high demand for them.

My own experience with them has been great. I'm sorry your experience was poor.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM

Beyond poor...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
banned

Quote:
Beyond poor...

I have to agree with Ken... Orlando is widely known as the best dealer in Central Florida... I live outside of Tampa and routinely drive the 90 miles one way for anything I need... it's the only dealer I'll let touch my car...

You were probably the unfortunate victim of a mis-communication between the staff. Real life happens and I'm sure you'll get your Orphan soon. Also, Orlando's orphan list is extensive... I've seen it.

BTW... If you want to pickup an orphan quickly try the Tampa stealership... anything can happen there.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 05:32 PM

I got my Smart from Orlando in June. A month earlier than I expected. Walked me thru the whole process. Judson was great, very straight forward, no new car games stuff. I also had it towed from Ft. Meyers and serviced for a key switch problem. The service was beyond excellent. Car was ready before I was and cleaner and shinier than new.

No I do not work for them or anything, I just want others to know I am satisfied. Hope you get you orphan soon.

Actually if you put up a wanted ad, you could find someone who wants to sell. It'll be near new. Some are trading 08s for 09s.

Last edited by cooperville; 10-22-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode