smart center Orlando OPEN!!! - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, it was just stupity on their part. Amber was great, she went out of her way to ask Julie if they could put me on their orphan list with me living in NC. Julie said yes. Then they called me to let me know that they had a car for me. The next day they realized that they would not make as much money selling the car out of their zone and they called me to tell me that they refused to sell me a new smart after they told me they could....Just pure shady and wrong. It was all about greed and money, not making a customer happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 AM
banned

IMO there's another side to this story.... something isn't right.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdhitch View Post
IMO there's another side to this story.... something isn't right.
No I'm sorry, there's not.... They just found out that smart would fine them for selling out of their area after they called and told me they had a car for me. Another smart dealer told me that starting last month smart would fine a dealer $1500 for selling a new smart out of their area.
I understand smarts point of view 100 percent on this. I just wish the dealer knew this fact before they called to let me know that they had a new car for me.
I would love for them to come on here and try to explain it to me because they sure couldn't on the phone. The only thing they could say is "im sorry, you do not live in our area, we cant sell you a new smart". When I responded with "you already called me and told me you have a car for me" they just repeated the same statment over and over. I went as far as to contact their dealer or general manager and never received a phone call back.

Last edited by UNTODDLY; 10-23-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNTODDLY View Post
No I'm sorry, there's not.... They just found out that smart would fine them for selling out of their area after they called and told me they had a car for me. Another smart dealer told me that starting last month smart would fine a dealer $1500 for selling a new smart out of their area.
I understand smarts point of view 100 percent on this. I just wish the dealer knew this fact before they called to let me know that they had a new car for me.
I would love for them to come on here and try to explain it to me because they sure couldn't on the phone. The only thing they could say is "im sorry, you do not live in our area, we cant sell you a new smart". When I responded with "you already called me and told me you have a car for me" they just repeated the same statment over and over. I went as far as to contact their dealer or general manager and never received a phone call back.
Untoddly,
I get that you are upset, I get that Orlando changed gears on you and left you hanging and I get that you are not consolable. However I think you just answered your own delimma and the one in which the Orlando dealer found themselves.
The fine is clearly a statement by smart USA that they don't want cars sold by dealers out of their normal trade area or across other dealers territory and the fine is to put some teeth into that decision. You happenned to get caught by a timing issue on the notification of the same.
Had I been the dealer under similar circumstances I would have also refused to sell you the car or I wpould have required you to pay the $1500 fine. It's actually a bit silly to think they would eat $1500 on your behalf when they can sell the car locally without the sacrifice of the $1500.

While I don't expect any of this to make you happy I think it's a smart USA issue not a dealer issue and it's probably time to put it behind you and move on with life. IMO.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 05:12 AM

No, Ive worked in the automotive field for 15 years. My word is my bond. These people's word means NOTHING!!!!

It's cool though, I just configured my new Brabus last night!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNTODDLY View Post
Orlando is a brand new dealer with a very small orphan list.

Orlando is NOT brand new dealership, they operating since February and just moved to the new location FYI.

I truly feel sorry for you dude that those are the people that you have to deal with.

Dude, Thank you for you concern. I am happy so far.

BTW, NICE ORANGE SMART... YOU KNOW THEY MAKE THOSE IN "GUY" COLORS. LMFAO.

So a color makes you a man nowdays?
Sorry that I did not asked your opinion before purchased my car!

Peace,

CUBE

Last edited by cubefx; 10-25-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode