User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartxs View Post
Actually, they have internet there now because they are sending out notification emails, and helping people place reservations at the site. However, there is no parts store on site, everything is ordered and delivered through the Land Rover parent company down the street.

They are now getting in about 20 cars a week, and getting lots of foot traffic because of all the cars on the lot.

Old people like me will remember the Kia location being further down Stevens Creek, somewhat closer to the Subaru and Mitsubishi dealers - which have moved as well.

So far, positive things to be said about the dealer. The cars are serviced at the LR shop and they have a good reputation, so hopefully that will carry over to the smart.
It's not surprising that the service is at the Land Rover dealer. It's also owned by Qvale. They might get even more business if they fixed the location on its website. They've put it on some side street about a mile away from its correct location. On that same website, they suggest that it is still possible to reserve a 2008 smart. I believe that's true of all the individual smart dealer sites. For some odd reason, I received my 60-90 day notice from smartsj.com, not smartcentersanjose.com, the one mentioned on their website, so they may still have some problems in that area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice dealer ship and nice people. I went there to see the little smarts. I ordered mine already last month, April. I ordered a black/black convertible. My neighbor has a blue / silver. He let me drive it and immediately had to order mine.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Um, is his name Steve Smith or Sneath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul c View Post
It's going to be a good long while before the folks at the San José dealership introduce themselves, so I'll take it upon myself to tell you what I've learned.
It's in a temporary location, a former Kia dealership, and is not located at the spot indicated on their website map. It is, in fact, located at the corner of Stevens Creek Boulevard and Saratoga Avenue, about a mile away, next to the Jaguar dealership. Because they rushed to find a place it has only limited internet and telephone facilities. I've never been able to reach them using either method. Steve Sneath, a Brit, heads it up with a staff of young women helping him. None of them know a whole lot but all are pleasant and helpful. Steve has said that he has about a thousand reservations and anticipates getting about 50 cars a month. They have delivered a few cars, have organized some kind of waiting list for the unclaimed orders, have a few accessories on hand, and once they get themselves organized and up to speed will likely do a good job.
Avoid the office manager, Annie. She is clueless on finance matters. Steve knows the cars, the financing, quality after market add-ons,....., the whole business.

Last edited by lowndex; 06-25-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Problems with Smart San Jose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul c View Post
It's not surprising that the service is at the Land Rover dealer. It's also owned by Qvale. They might get even more business if they fixed the location on its website. They've put it on some side street about a mile away from its correct location. On that same website, they suggest that it is still possible to reserve a 2008 smart. I believe that's true of all the individual smart dealer sites. For some odd reason, I received my 60-90 day notice from smartsj.com, not smartcentersanjose.com, the one mentioned on their website, so they may still have some problems in that area.
* The dealership is not listed with 411! If you forget the phone number and are driving about, you are SOL.
* They have no web site access due to Barracuda blocking access. This means customers cannot view cool and helpful information about the cars; cannot visit aftermarket sites to view accessories.
* The dealership tries to block owner access to the Service Dept. - they want you working with the inexperienced sales staff, who have no clue about the cars. If Steve is not around, you are SOL.
* The web site is not accurate and needs updating - location, links to aftermarket accessories, www.smartcarofamerica.com, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode