User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
smart center smithtown long island

Come and visit us. Email at [email protected] or call 631-361-4500

Last edited by peter grosfeld; 07-02-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

smart center smithtown

We are open and ready for you folks to come on in. Please call 631-361-4500 if you have any questions
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 12:01 PM

two thumbs up for Smithtown SmartCenter. these guys always hook me up when I am there!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Customer Satisfaction

We try as hard as possible to make everyone happy. We even give demo rides on the weekend.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Reserved JULY 4TH

Hi,
I reserved inJuly and have a DDE date of Dec08 to Feb 09.
Can that be right?
I have not been contacted yet to confirm, I am looking to change the color when they email me.
I went into your dealership to test drive a smart.
Vinnie helped me.
Is it possible to get a car that quickly?
Thanks
Carmela
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Delivery Times

Hi all.
In reference to delivery times I ordered a cab for my wife July 4 and my date on the estimator is dec-feb.I did not get to configure it yet either. Even as an employee I cannot get it any faster. I wish you all the best of luck.

Hope to see you all soon
Peter Grosfeld
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Banned
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter grosfeld View Post
Hi all.
In reference to delivery times I ordered a cab for my wife July 4 and my date on the estimator is dec-feb.I did not get to configure it yet either. Even as an employee I cannot get it any faster. I wish you all the best of luck.

Hope to see you all soon
Peter Grosfeld

'even as an EMPLOYEE I cannot get it any FASTER'? OMG!!! how FAST DO you want it to be? TOMORROW?

you're talking about having to wait 6-8 MONTHS while, for the most part, the REST of the COUNTRY is on a 18-22 MONTH (and in some cases even LONGER) WAIT? HELLO, MCFLY?????

can't you see a HUGE problem here? not sure what YOUR reservation number is for the one you ordered on July 4th, but there are people with reservation numbers in the 1300's (reserved in 2007!!!) that haven't been asked to configure yet. with that in mind, i would only HOPE that YOU haven't been asked to configure, since you just reserved less than 2 months ago.

as for what "Winnetou" said, it really makes no sense once you think about it. 'if' the three dealers in that area don't have the same amount of orders that other dealers in Chicago, LA or Dallas have, then why are they getting more cars than those that are 'reserved'? IF the wait time at smart center "A" is only 6 months and the wait time at smart center "B" is 18 months, then it only makes sense that smart center "B" has THREE TIMES THE ORDERS and needs to get cars FASTER! BUT what smartusa has done apparently was to promise the smart centers that each dealer would receive the SAME AMOUNT OF CARS, regardless of number of reservations.

if this is the case, then why can't dealer "B" be alloted more cars? why is rest of the country being punished because the area that is assigned to dealer "A" not as interested in the smart car?

taking that into consideration, the wait times shouldn't vary more than 30-60 days due to location and NO ONE should have to wait more than 12 months for a smart........NO ONE!

to remedy this situation, smartusa will have to start allocating cars based on DEMAND and NOT "X Number per center" as is the current policy.

either that OR do what was suggested before: FED-X all cars to the customers IN ORDER OF RESERVATION. the more i think of that, the more it actually makes sense. not the 'FED-X' part.....just kidding.

Last edited by Big Panda; 08-17-2008 at 08:23 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:43 AM

We placed a deposit for my daughter in May and the DDE says they have no information for the forseable future. I figure it will be a college graduation present at this rate and she is a sophomore in college. BTW, we live in the Chicago area where deliveries look to be about 2 years now. Mine took 15.5 months and I reserved in early May 2007.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 10:11 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
'even as an EMPLOYEE I cannot get it any FASTER'? OMG!!! how FAST DO you want it to be? TOMORROW?

you're talking about having to wait 6-8 MONTHS while, for the most part, the REST of the COUNTRY is on a 18-22 MONTH (and in some cases even LONGER) WAIT? HELLO, MCFLY?????

can't you see a HUGE problem here? not sure what YOUR reservation number is for the one you ordered on July 4th, but there are people with reservation numbers in the 1300's (reserved in 2007!!!) that haven't been asked to configure yet. with that in mind, i would only HOPE that YOU haven't been asked to configure, since you just reserved less than 2 months ago.

as for what "Winnetou" said, it really makes no sense once you think about it. 'if' the three dealers in that area don't have the same amount of orders that other dealers in Chicago, LA or Dallas have, then why are they getting more cars than those that are 'reserved'? IF the wait time at smart center "A" is only 6 months and the wait time at smart center "B" is 18 months, then it only makes sense that smart center "B" has THREE TIMES THE ORDERS and needs to get cars FASTER! BUT what smartusa has done apparently was to promise the smart centers that each dealer would receive the SAME AMOUNT OF CARS, regardless of number of reservations.

if this is the case, then why can't dealer "B" be alloted more cars? why is rest of the country being punished because the area that is assigned to dealer "A" not as interested in the smart car?

taking that into consideration, the wait times shouldn't vary more than 30-60 days due to location and NO ONE should have to wait more than 12 months for a smart........NO ONE!

to remedy this situation, smartusa will have to start allocating cars based on DEMAND and NOT "X Number per center" as is the current policy.

either that OR do what was suggested before: FED-X all cars to the customers IN ORDER OF RESERVATION. the more i think of that, the more it actually makes sense. not the 'FED-X' part.....just kidding.

So..... How do you really feel??? Not that I don't TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 10:19 AM
SCOA Club

I really think that Smartusa Gives so called ophans, (EXTRACARS)to certain dealers, to add as upfitter Models!! This is to add profit to their bottom line. They are not really "Orphans" Just look at the Res#'s and the delivery dates. Way at of wack!! But this is how I see it. If I'm 1555 and the lasted delivery is in the mid 1350's , how do all these orphans just show up!!! Look at all the threads and add up all the info thats on them. It's just NOT CORRECT(BS).

Last edited by p1nball; 08-17-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode