Smart Center Walnut Creek closing - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Smart Center Walnut Creek closing

Their last day is tomorrow. Sad to see this dealership go. I was one of their 1st customers, and had their last service appointment today. Hugo is a great tech. He'll be over at the San Francisco dealership for a couple months, then moving over to Audi in Concord. The service advisor, Kelly, will follow too.

Audi in Concord and smart walnut creek are both owned by mercedes of SF. Because of this, Hugo will still be able to work on smart cars. They cannot do warranty work, but will still be open for other services.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
aka 'smart-1'

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Their last day is tomorrow. Sad to see this dealership go. I was one of their 1st customers, and had their last service appointment today. Hugo is a great tech. He'll be over at the San Francisco dealership for a couple months, then moving over to Audi in Concord. The service advisor, Kelly, will follow too.

Audi in Concord and smart walnut creek are both owned by mercedes of SF. Because of this, Hugo will still be able to work on smart cars. They cannot do warranty work, but will still be open for other services.
Thanks for the imfo, sad to see them go ...

Hugo is the best ..
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 PM
SCOA Club

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to hear about this. I really like Kelly - she helped me a lot when she was working at the S.F. location, before she moved to Walnut Creek. Guess I don't have to flip a coin about which dealer to visit next time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been to 15 smart centers including this one, and three have closed. I must be a jinx.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:16 PM

This is a sad. I was their first customer in Dec 2008. I saw the yellow bumble-bee Cabriolet in their show room while driving down main street -did and u-turn and bought it. They didn't have phone lines set up yet and were still moving in! Since then I had the software upgraded and a major warranty repair don't by them and loved their service department. I'll miss them.

I also found out that Smart will be showing their Electric Smart but in San Francisco next week! I don't know if I'll drive all the way out there to see it.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Banned

And the closings continue...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Hugo and Kelly, I'll be seeing you guys at Audi Concord!

Thanks again for taking care of my lil guy and for all the stories!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 AM

I dont quite have the words to express my gratitude and appreciation to Terry and all the wonderful customers and friends we made at Walnut Creek Smart. I hope to see you guys in San Francisco very soon, if not we should be opening Audi of Concord in October. I wish you guys the best and thank you for all your support. Terry once again thank you for everything.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

No, thank YOU! Sorry I missed you last friday, but I hope Kelly passed on my little token of appreciation Or did she have fun with it all by herself?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM

I received the email from Smart HQ AFTER I had already been informed by the dealership when I stopped by on Thursday night. (Hi Tbone) According to Smart corporate there are three "convenient" dealerships to serve me. One in Sacramento 70 miles and a bridge toll away, Smart SF 30 miles and a more expensive bridge toll, or Stevens creek 60 miles away and heavy traffic. I sure will miss the 8 miles to Walnut Creek even though the car hasn't needed any service in a long time.

I mentioned this to Hq and asked why they can't work a maintenance agreement out with WC Mercedes and this is their response:

Dear smart Enthusiast,

Thank you for your interest in smart USA. We apologize for the inconvenience yet smart center Walnut Creek made a business desion (their typo not mine) to end their business with smart USA.

Not all Mercedes Benz facilities are equipped to service the smart fortwo. The smart fortwo is not a Mercedes Benz vehicle, yet it is a part of the Mercedes Benz car group.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us via email or by phone at 1.800.smartUSA.

Jamie Thompson
Customer Service

Oh well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode