smart USA Announces U.S. Dealer Network - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have to say I'm a little concerned about the Seattle dealership. I took my car there for annual service last month. There was ONE smart in the lot and none in the showroom. They no longer have service open the same hours and the showroom is now closed on Sundays. Someone just rearended me today. I tried to call to bring my car in. No one returns calls. Can't make an actual appointment for service, they just say to bring it in any time. What's going on there? It's like a ghost town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might find Green Car in Bellevue to be more responsive: Green Car Company
The Following User Says Thank You to wiltjk For This Useful Post:
DebbieKat (05-09-2012)
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 PM

They might be waiting for the 2013's rumor is they are waiting to go though customs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartJoeMN View Post
They might be waiting for the 2013's rumor is they are waiting to go though customs...
But that doesn't explain the lack of people returning calls to schedule service? What is happening there? I haven't visited this forum in a while and didn't even know about the MB takeover till I checked today because of all the weirdness trying to get in touch with someone at the dealership. I saw that some dealerships weren't selling new smarts on one of the threads? Is that true of Seattle? Anyone know? I'm getting worried that I won't be able to get my car repaired. :-(
The Following User Says Thank You to DebbieKat For This Useful Post:
a2jack (05-04-2012)
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Debby it's almost over for Smart.

Our dealer, that was once the HQ for Smart is gone, and an MB dealer is offering service at outrageous prices and little or no sales.

The 2013's, due out before next month will be the last of the 451's.

The MB people show little or no interest in our cars as the whole Smart operation will once again switch to new management, this time by Renault.

"There's a Twingo In Your Future" A2Jack

Last edited by a2jack; 05-04-2012 at 02:25 PM.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
this group is too funny. what, did everyone get a mayan calendar for christmas?
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe they will give it to Gordini. They can super tune a violin!
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 PM

This makes me so sad. I have really loved driving my smart car. This week, I have seen the most atrocious, negligent service from a dealer ever in my life. Still, to this minute, no one from the dealership has called me back from any of the voice mails I have left. The only person I have spoken with is the receptionist.

Thursday: rear-end car accident. Called several times, no return call. sent email to manager.
Friday: called and spoke to receptionist. email from manager with some very basic response about "sharing service with their Acura dealership", no specific response to any of my other questions about my vehicle. no returned calls from manager or service.
Saturday: sent another email to manager, still never responded to. Receptionist recommended I get my car towed there. Service is closed on Sunday and Monday.
Monday: Had car towed to dealership. No contact from anyone. Called and spoke to receptionist who said my car was there.
Tuesday: no contact from service. can only get voice mail. called smart HQ, who in turn called dealership where they are told service is closed today for special training.
Wednesday: no contact from service. called and get voice mail. called smart HQ. They contact dealer who says service is out "making deliveries" and offers to forward them to service. When HQ says that service isn't returning calls, receptionist offers to walk back to service to ask them about my car's status. Received no further communication.
I call and speak to receptionist several hours later who tells me that service says they don't have my car????!!!? I ask him to please check because it was towed there Monday. Call smart HQ again. Customer service there calls and gets in touch with dealer who now says they have found the car, and that it was left on a back lot they don't check????? but someone left the interior light on and the battery needs to be jumped now. And now I am told service is out for special training all week. This is absolutely insane. I have to go more than a week before I even know if my car is beyond repair or how long I will be without a car. I have never seen anything like this in my life.

Smart HQ tells me that Phil Smart Mercedes Benz in Seattle is going to be doing smart repairs... I don't know if this is good or bad based on responses I see on the forum.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,560 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Garage
That is inexcusable. Document every contact. Bring it to Mercedes attention.
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretchmobile View Post
That is inexcusable. Document every contact. Bring it to Mercedes attention.
Oh, I have. I've been talking them for the past few days. I have spoken with 4 different customer service reps there already. I have never seen anything like this at a dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« 451 Turbo | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode