At Memorial Day Parade - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club
 
BigWarpGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 10,363
Thanks: 2,124
Thanked 972 Times in 710 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
At Memorial Day Parade

My little car will be in the Memorial Day parade in Jamesburg New Jersey. I will have military flags on it and a sign with the name of the church I go to; First Baptist Church of Jamesburg.
BigWarpGuy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Red Roller Skate
SCOA Club
 
fpage77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,895
Thanks: 113
Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't go all Shriner clown car on us and weave around, we got to keep up the smart reputation. It's cool to hear about smart's being in a parade. I don't think no Chevrolet Aveo is going to be seen in parade anytime soon.
fpage77 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club
 
Kermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Redneck Riviera - NWFLA
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 1,531
Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Hey, I still remember you doing the parade last year.



Kermit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club
 
BigWarpGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 10,363
Thanks: 2,124
Thanked 972 Times in 710 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
I was in last years Memorial Day parade in Jamesburg New Jersey. The photo under my name is of when I was in the parade; actually at the end. I hope the weather is nice tomorrow. I have military and US flags I put on a roof rack. I hope some do not fall over like they did last year.
BigWarpGuy is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club
 
BigWarpGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 10,363
Thanks: 2,124
Thanked 972 Times in 710 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
I have a roof rack on the top that I duck tape military flags to. Like last year, they fell over. I also had flags on the windows and on the antenna. I glad they stayed in place. It was a lot of fun. I have to come up with a better way to display the flags.
BigWarpGuy is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club
 
Kermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Redneck Riviera - NWFLA
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 1,531
Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWarpGuy View Post
I have a roof rack on the top that I duck tape military flags to. Like last year, they fell over. I also had flags on the windows and on the antenna. I glad they stayed in place. It was a lot of fun. I have to come up with a better way to display the flags.
Think of some sort of mount made out of PVC tubing.......

Too bad you don't have a trailer hitch, the mounting possibilities are endless with that.



Kermit is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
SCOA Club
 
BigWarpGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 10,363
Thanks: 2,124
Thanked 972 Times in 710 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
good ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum-bling-B View Post
Think of some sort of mount made out of PVC tubing.......

Too bad you don't have a trailer hitch, the mounting possibilities are endless with that.
I think the PVC tubing is a good idea. I will check into it. Perhaps I could use part of the roof rack to keep it on with. Thanks.

I agree that a trailer hitch has endless possibilities. After I read your suggestion, I started to think of some of them. Thanks.
BigWarpGuy is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Lifetime Member
SCOA Club
 
Kermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Redneck Riviera - NWFLA
Posts: 11,307
Thanks: 1,531
Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWarpGuy View Post
I think the PVC tubing is a good idea. I will check into it. Perhaps I could use part of the roof rack to keep it on with. Thanks.

I agree that a trailer hitch has endless possibilities. After I read your suggestion, I started to think of some of them. Thanks.
I forgot you said you had a roof rack. WoW! I could make an AWESOME mount out of PVC with that. A pieces of metal with holes drilled in it and formed to go around your rack, afew bolts and wing nuts, some felt lining to prevent scratching are a few more starting points for you.

The roof rack has even more possibilities as well. With 1/2" PVC tubing you can make some awesome hangers for signs, flags and whatnot.



Kermit is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
SCOA Club
 
BigWarpGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hampton, NH
Posts: 10,363
Thanks: 2,124
Thanked 972 Times in 710 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
even more great ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum-bling-B View Post
I forgot you said you had a roof rack. WoW! I could make an AWESOME mount out of PVC with that. A pieces of metal with holes drilled in it and formed to go around your rack, afew bolts and wing nuts, some felt lining to prevent scratching are a few more starting points for you.

The roof rack has even more possibilities as well. With 1/2" PVC tubing you can make some awesome hangers for signs, flags and whatnot.
Those are even more great ideas. I will work on some of the ideas so they will be ready for next years Memorial Day Parade.
BigWarpGuy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorial Weekend Parade in Bellingham WA BenzTek Pacific NorthWest Region 21 05-25-2009 09:17 AM
Kensington Memorial Day Parade and Pre-party SmartShanna San Diego smart Owners 13 05-22-2009 05:13 PM
Memorial Day Thanks kwagar Off-Topic Cafe 4 05-26-2008 03:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.