Smart Car of America Forum banner

Hit the Trails While Having Your smart fortwo 451!

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  smark 
#1 ·
We now have a solution for anyone who loves to hit the trails but loves having their smart fortwo with them at the same time!

This bike rack allows you to carry two racing, touring or mountain bikes on the back of your smart fortwo 451 and secures to the boot of your smart.

We offer additional add-on's as well!

For additional details and images please visit the link below:
smart fortwo 451 Bike Rack - Silver Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

See less See more
#2 ·
I have questions. I have a Marin Shoreline Trail. Looks like the one below (mine is much more beat up).

Can the mounts/arms be turned to match the angles on my bike's frame or do I need to buy one of these?
What anti-sway measure is employed? I see the strap. If that pulls the bike to the rack are foam blocks included?
What is included in the box as shipped? (eg: foam blocks, strap to secure front tire, ...)
Product images with one bike mounted and with two bikes mounted would be helpful.
Is there a spacer bar (or provision) to keep the second bike from swinging into the first bike?

The product description says:
This bike rack can be permanently left installed with accessibility to the boot of your smart and maintaining license plate visibility or can be easily removed and folded to be store in your smart's boot.

Product images showing the accessibility to the boot, and folded/stored would be helpful.

I like this rack a lot. My current rack (on the back of my MH) is a Thule tilt-down fork lock tray rack - which I hate taking the front tire off to use it. I like the simplicity of the smart bike rack - if it can work well with my bike.

#5 ·
@smark If you look at the link at the end of my first question you'll note that it takes you to the Yakima TubeTop.

Look at the side profile of the rack in smartmadness' pictures. Can the knob be loosened and the bar turned? If yes, then no TubeTop for me.

About 8 inches or so up from the bottom of the rack is a hole drilled on both sides of the rack. What is it for? There is no parts list on the product page for the link that the OP posted. Is the displayed rack not fully assembled?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.