User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Last Minute Gift Ideas

Are you running out of time in getting your gift list completed? Not sure what to get your favorite SMART Friend? Well look no further. Get them a SMART MADNESS Gift Certificate and let them choose!

SMART MADNESS Gift Certificate

SMART MADNESS Gift Certificate Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

As always please keep in mind that we stock over 1,200 accessories for the smart, install on premises, service, repair and customize.
Due to this please do not hesitate to give us a buzz at 562-981-6800 for assistance or any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,522 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Or Boris could just send me a 451 Bilstein kit.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I placed and order with you guys this week for the second time and just like the first it took you 3 days to ship it. The first time it actually took longer. And this is for items you supposedly had on stock. I do not understand this at all. Maybe is a laid back California thing, I don't know. Add to it that your prices are typically higher for the same items found online at other places, I don't think I will be returning unless is something I absolutely can't find anywhere else.

*Yes you offer price matching, but it takes a day for that to process which adds to the main issue I find with you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Dreamy, we haven't met, my name is Rachel, also known as the other half of MADNESS.

With that said, I actually had a fellow smart owner call in this evening with a last minute order that I was assisting. While on the phone he give me a head's up on this thread. Customer satisfaction is very important to us, so as soon as time allowed I logged in to find the thread and the comment.

So without further ado, please allow me the opportunity to address your concerns. I want to make sure you have all the appropriate info regarding your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
I placed and order with you guys this week for the second time and just like the first it took you 3 days to ship it. The first time it actually took longer. And this is for items you supposedly had on stock. I do not understand this at all.
Please note, when checking out on our site, we state to please allow up to 3 business days to process and ship your order. The reason why we have this is because we strive to over deliver and to get it out a lot sooner. Most online orders ship out within 24-48 hours of us receiving them.

Sometimes though, for example on a Monday, or the Christmas season, we get S_L_A_M_M_E_D and we do our best still to get it out within 3 business days. Important thing to know is that if you ever need an order sooner, simply give us a ring! We have alternative shipping methods, for express delivery and are always willing to help a customer out.

Quote:
Maybe is a laid back California thing, I don't know. Add to it that your prices are typically higher for the same items found online at other places, I don't think I will be returning unless is something I absolutely can't find anywhere else.
A little info about us that you may not know. My husband and I are both smart owners since the launch in the US. We enjoy the community and love the car. As business owners we invest in development of new products, we invest in inventory, we work with manufacturers to help fund and develop new items. We take care of any product related issues, we even have our own youtube channel for DIY videos and we also assist customers over the phone when need be.

As an online consumer, it is difficult to know what companies carry what items in stock, that's where we come in play. Drop shippers will always tell you they have it in stock- always. The truth is most do not. How would you know? Call them and tell them you are in the area and you want to stop by and pick it up yourself. See what they say.

One thing that differentiates us from the rest is that we actually carry inventory and ship out within 72 hours. Not only that, we answer the phone and assist if you ever have a question or concern. If you are local, feel free to stop by and see our shop. As I always say, "You never need an invite".

Quote:
Yes you offer price matching, but it takes a day for that to process which adds to the main issue I find with you guys.
A day for a refund on a price match is reasonable and fair. A faster way to get it is by simply calling us direct, letting us know you would like a product and had seen it for less. If the vendor falls within our policy by verification (remember they have to have it in stock) we can easily do everything right there on the spot. Now, if one wishes to place an order online and then submits a request for a price match, we feel that a 24 hour turn around isn't unreasonable.

Last but not least, we are sorry to have you leave us. We try to do our very best to make each of our customers happy. We are completely appreciative to the smart community and how they have supported us and continue to do so over these past 5 years. We will always be grateful for the support and do our best to provide excellent service.

In closing, I hope my post may have given some insight to your frustration. I do thank you for your support even though you feel we weren't worthy. We here at SMART MADNESS wish you and yours the best this holiday season.

Happy and Safe Driving,
Rachel
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SmartGurl For This Useful Post:
Chibi 42 (12-21-2013), chumly (12-21-2013), Dreamy (12-21-2013), jetfuel (12-21-2013), jwight (12-21-2013), MB DNA (12-21-2013), MikeB1 (12-21-2013), Miss Mercedes (12-21-2013), xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFastFraser (12-21-2013)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 05:11 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,439 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS!

Rachel and Boris are smart pioneers having been huge supporters of the brand long before it was cool or even profitable.

Sometimes email is not as effective as a simple phone call. SM wants your business and will price match most in stock competitive offers - your satisfaction is very important to them.

Give Rachel a call as I am sure that she is anxious to hear from you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB DNA For This Useful Post:
Chibi 42 (12-21-2013), Dreamy (12-21-2013), Miss Mercedes (12-21-2013), Smart Bob (12-21-2013)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,647 Posts
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I placed and order with you guys this week for the second time and just like the first it took you 3 days to ship it. The first time it actually took longer. And this is for items you supposedly had on stock. I do not understand this at all. Maybe is a laid back California thing, I don't know. Add to it that your prices are typically higher for the same items found online at other places, I don't think I will be returning unless is something I absolutely can't find anywhere else.

*Yes you offer price matching, but it takes a day for that to process which adds to the main issue I find with you guys.
Smart Madness has the 2011-2014 instrument pods for considerably less than both of my dealers. Yes, usually SM is considerably higher than most retailers, but for many items SM cuts out all the headaches of buying overseas or buying from sketchy retailers and such.

Regarding shipping, I've been buying things online from California locations and they've been taking (and have taken) much longer than expected to arrive. It's mostly because of the holiday rush really. Shipping gets real slow...
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Mercedes For This Useful Post:
Dreamy (12-21-2013)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi SmartGurl/Rachel

First of all, THANK YOU very much for taking your time to reply. I do not doubt at all that your intentions are genuine in trying to provide great costumer service, your reputation speaks for itself. But I can only speak based on my personal experience as your costumer.

My previous post was based out of the frustration that since I placed my order last Monday I expected it to arrive by yesterday or today at the latest, and when checking the emails/tracking info I come to find out I won't receive it until Tuesday. Since I got my smart and started checking out your site I had not seen at all your website statement to allow 3 days for shipping, otherwise my expectations would have been different.
Just to be a bit more clear, these past two orders I am referring to I did not place them online. I called and dealt with your sales reps.

Something positive that on my post I did not mention out of frustration: After the first time last April your sales rep had told me that my order would ship that day (on a Saturday) and by Tuesday when I called back to inquire if my order had shipped your rep apologized, said that he would get it out asap and told me that next time I place an order to ask for him and he would take care of me. That order went out either that day or the next day on a Wednesday and I received it on a Monday ( more than a week later). This past Monday when I called, I couldn't remember the name of that rep I first dealt with. I told the guy what had happened and what was said to me and after placing me on hold and speaking with his manager, your rep gave me a 10% discount which I appreciated and in fairness I should have mentioned this.

But after telling me about the discount and taking my credit card, the rep I dealt with this past Monday clearly told me that the order would ship either that day or first thing next morning. This, is why I expected my order to ship right away. The site may state that it takes up to 3 days for an order to process and ship, but your phone reps are not saying that, thus giving me what I now realize was an unrealistic expectation. I get that we are in the holiday season but the same thing happened last april, so I can't help to feel the way I do when the same thing happens twice in a row with two different sales reps. The nice gesture with the discount doesn't mean much when on two different occasions your reps tell me one thing regarding shipping and something different happens. That doesn't make for a good costumer experience. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

Regarding the price matching, I agree with you. I do think a 24 hr turn around on such a request is fair. But when that means an extra day to wait for my order to be shipped given my current experience is just easier to order that item from the other people. I also found it telling when you said:

Quote:
A faster way to get it is by simply calling us direct, letting us know you would like a product and had seen it for less. If the vendor falls within our policy by verification (remember they have to have it in stock) we can easily do everything right there on the spot.
I say is telling because I did bring it up to your sales rep on Monday and he told me that it would take a day to process, along with the rest of what would qualify or not qualify for price matching. That's why I said to never mind and to just process my order. Even though he had told me my order would be shipped either that day or the very next morning, I didn't trust enough to add another day for verification and I was right. It was just easier to order the item from your competitor.

I think the situation here given my experience and your thoughtful explanation is one in which your phone reps are not fully aware of your policies and procedures. They are trying to provide great costumer service but there is a small disconnect between what they know, what they are telling the costumers, and how things are supposed to be.

I once again Thank You for taking all this time dealing with me and wish you and your team all the best in this holiday season.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Mr. Dreamy,

I sent you a PM with some additional information so we can help figure out why there was a small delay and why the team member you spoke with did not inform you of our current shipping times.

We want to make sure we address the matter with our team and streamline the process a bit to help with a matter like this. When you get a chance please drop us back a PM with the details.

Thank you,
Boris
The Following User Says Thank You to SmartMadness For This Useful Post:
Dreamy (12-22-2013)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,349 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 804 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds like this could have been handled by a simple phone call or an Email directly to Smart Madness.

Just a friendly reminder per the TOS:
Any business related disagreements should remain either within the Private Messaging system or offline, or may be subject to moderation*.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimvw57 For This Useful Post:
Dreamy (12-22-2013), jwight (12-22-2013), kheran (12-22-2013), MB DNA (12-22-2013), Miss Mercedes (12-22-2013)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 02:43 PM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,439 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Beginning to think that this thread could provide competition for Days of Our Lives which has been around since 1965? :eek:

Weak story line, price match a single purchase...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to MB DNA For This Useful Post:
Miss Mercedes (12-22-2013)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode