• 1 Post By MB DNA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
SMART MADNESS featured on Car Magazine!

SMART MADNESS and this smart car have been featured on Car Magazine!

The cars that taste forgot: the aftermarket hall at LA 2014 | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 03:32 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,439 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMadness View Post
SMART MADNESS and this smart car have been featured on Car Magazine!

The cars that taste forgot: the aftermarket hall at LA 2014 | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online
Front spoiler was featured on the cover of Hoover Vacuum Quarterly.
BB Benz and ATL Smart alec like this.

Last edited by MB DNA; 11-22-2014 at 07:16 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 06:17 AM
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,928 Times in 896 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
"Featured"? I guess that's one way to put it. That article isn't exactly one I would want my car "featured" in. Not exactly a complimentary article...

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for the effort you put into the car, but I have to agree with the article, it certainly isn't my taste...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 06:46 PM
DrKillerBee
SCOA Club

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
It would be my nightmare to have my smart look like that but to someone it is a dream come true. Madness was able to make that person's dream take form and that is good because when it is your turn to spend some serious cash on your smart they can make your dream smart happen as well. We live in a mean spirited culture where this kind of article is able to survive and that is the real shame.

I have a '66 Mini and I watched Madness do the steam punk thing to the countryman and thought it just wasn't finished when I first looked at it. Not my cup of tea but I find it interesting and a ton of people love it so that is good for everyone.

Some people look at a stock smart and love the "finished product" and all I can see is a "blank canvass" just waiting to be finished. You know....different strokes....
Miss Mercedes likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 PM
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKillerBee View Post
We live in a mean spirited culture where this kind of article is able to survive and that is the real shame.

....different strokes....
The article, by the stodgy British Press and the opinions from common Americans posted to the WEB on an uncensored Forum, not really shameful?

Different opinions shouldn't be confused with "mean spirited. "

Smart Madness, the name says it all as they provide an owner that individuality that comes with making it your own and we ALL admire their creations.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
"The cars that taste forgot..."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 07:59 AM
DrKillerBee
SCOA Club

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
Having differing opinions is a lot different than making a headline story about the "Top 10 Worst Vehicles Of All Time." I've seen these articles (I have two or three of the cars usually mentioned so I might be a bit sensitive) and they are usually done by someone who hasn't even driven one or seen one in person. They are ignorant and mean spirited articles but somehow keep coming back year after year. It could be stated that they are not the writer's taste or even not even near their taste and that is not mean spirited. But to glibly state (as in globally agreed and factual) that they are "cars that taste forgot" IS mean spirited.

It is not journalism to state something is tasteless AS IF IT WAS A FACT when in reality it is simply just an ignorant writer's worthless opinion. That might sound mean spirited but it is not...it is a fact.

edit: I mentioned that I might be a bit sensitive...that is incorrect. I should have said that I might be perceived as sensitive as a disclosure. The reality is that I am like MB DNA below where I really don't care what these ignorant "news reporters" dish out...I like what I like and modify to my own taste. (which is impeccable in a clown car sort of way)
MB DNA and Miss Mercedes like this.

Last edited by DrKillerBee; 11-23-2014 at 11:49 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 10:29 AM
SCOA Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKillerBee View Post
I've seen these articles (I have two or three of the cars usually mentioned so I might be a bit sensitive) and they are usually done by someone who hasn't even driven one or seen one in person.
Several of my vehicles over the years have made such lists and I don't care.

Most of those lists are just wasted newsprint or more recently, bits of data that becomes NEWS on the Internet.

As for the "art" of Journalism, few brilliant writers that we grew up with are still producing.

Today anyone with an electronic device can spew their opinion without any basis and instantly be considered an authority?
DrKillerBee likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode