Various 450 Parts Suppliers and Experiences - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Various 450 Parts Suppliers and Experiences

I've ordered from Smarts-R-Us, SmartMadness.com and FlyingTiger and have had great experiences. I figured i would compile my experience into one post so any new comers to the 450 and/or these forums would have one place for information. And I encourage others to create posts of their experiences as well.

==========
SMARTS-R-US
==========
Ordered an aux cable (plugs in to the back of the Smart Radio by Grundig and gives a 1/8" or 2.5mm plug) and a polished speedo plate.

Order was placed on on 11 September, received an email 18 September about some email issues they were having.

Received notification that items shipped on 19 September, items arrived 7 October 2008.

Speedo plate was not the plain polished plate on the site (what I ordered) but was polished and had the EvilTwin logo in it. Emailed them and they offerred to exchange it. Have mailed the Evil Twin plate back and am awaiting the plain one.

Great service in making sure I was satisfied and very communicative. Would certainly purchase from them again.

============
SMARTMADNESS
============
Ordered an S-Mann air scoop and Smart rubber mats on 8 October and received them on 5 November.

The rubber mats are a Smart Original product and are great in quality and design. The S-Mann scoop comes with no instructions (not SmartMadness's fault at all) however the delipping guide at Evilution's site is a great start.

Would certainly purchase from again.

================
SHOP.FLIYINGTIGER.CA
================
Ordered Brabus LHD mats and a key chain on 7 November. received shipping notification on 13 November, package arrived 17 November.

Mats are excellent (duh, they're Brabus) and I have one of the keychains already so i purchased it for my other key.

Will certainly order from again. Have just ordered the RS front grille chrome.

I will add to this as I have other eperiences. I encourage others to post them same so we can all benefit from our experiences.
The Following User Says Thank You to briansmart For This Useful Post:
mrmvolz (10-27-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A very worthwhile thread Brian ...

A very worthwhile and informative thread. I usually compare their prices and then the shipping charges before ordering. All are great sites.

2005smartcdi ...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Just an update.

I've placed a couple of orders with Genuine and non-genuine smart and smart Brabus Parts & Accessories for all your smart car needs! and have been thoroughly pleased. I ordered the Smart logo wristband, 4 Smart logo wheel center caps and four (two front and two rear) Smart Strikeline 15" wheels.

Things do take a while but that is because they are coming from the UK and must pass through customs. The reason for no tracking information is usually European companies I have dealt with do NOT send items via fedex or ups. Most are Royal Mail, Parcel Force, etc. Once those shipments are in the country, they are at the mercy of US Customs and the USPS.

Will certainly purchase from Wellsmart again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know where I can get a rear fog light replacement for my 2005 passion? I have 1 light that is not working.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

cfriedma,

you only have one reverse light and one rear fog light. That being said, the bulb for the rear fog light is the same as the reverse light: P21W
The Following User Says Thank You to briansmart For This Useful Post:
mrmvolz (10-27-2012)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Just an update to the parts suppliers I have found. Wellsmart's site is now at http://http://www.smart-stuff.co.uk/

Smarts-R-Us is now SmartsRUs.com however the parts store is now at http://www.roadtrackrace.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to briansmart For This Useful Post:
mrmvolz (10-27-2012), sunnyokanagan (10-27-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode