https://youtu.be/MfD67KCFxqI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanked 1,213 Times in 859 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)

According to Honda. This EV vehicle, is 98% correct. Aimed for the end of the 2019 year. 125 mile charge range. 80% charge in 30 minutes. Estimating starting price around $30k.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:42 AM
To the XCAPEPOD!
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,760 Times in 867 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smark View Post
According to Honda. This EV vehicle, is 98% correct. Aimed for the end of the 2019 year. 125 mile charge range. 80% charge in 30 minutes. Estimating starting price around $30k.
It will have to be cheaper if they want it to complete favorably against the likes of the $35K Model 3 with 100 miles more range, a nationwide charging network, AP availability, and ostensibly better looks. Chevy had this problem with the Bolt, which is a fine EV, but it looks like a $15K hatchback costing entry level lux sedan money with no charging network. At least the Bolt did have good range numbers. If Chevy had dropped the Bolt drive train into a small Buick CUV, then that would have been a lot easier packaging to sell for the money.

Don't get me wrong, I like the hatchback look and functionality and wish the Model 3 had a liftback like the Model S, but when it comes to that kind of coin, you have some expectations that hatches don't meet for most people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfernatt View Post
It will have to be cheaper if they want it to complete favorably against the likes of the $35K Model 3 with 100 miles more range, a nationwide charging network, AP availability, and ostensibly better looks. Chevy had this problem with the Bolt, which is a fine EV, but it looks like a $15K hatchback costing entry level lux sedan money with no charging network. At least the Bolt did have good range numbers. If Chevy had dropped the Bolt drive train into a small Buick CUV, then that would have been a lot easier packaging to sell for the money.

Don't get me wrong, I like the hatchback look and functionality and wish the Model 3 had a liftback like the Model S, but when it comes to that kind of coin, you have some expectations that hatches don't meet for most people.
I got a wired notification yesterday. That Tesla is finally going to sell the Model 3 at $35K. My neighbor across the street had some issue with his Tesla suv. Tesla, personally came out to his house, and repair it.

Manufacturers are going to introducing, a lot of new EVís, this next 2 years. VW introducing 3, the Kona, Kia Soul, looks interesting. So does the extending range Nissan Leaf. All with a 230 mile range. Iím more interested in a crossover vehicle.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:07 AM
To the XCAPEPOD!
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,760 Times in 867 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smark View Post
I got a wired notification yesterday. That Tesla is finally going to sell the Model 3 at $35K. My neighbor across the street had some issue with his Tesla suv. Tesla, personally came out to his house, and repair it.

Manufacturers are going to introducing, a lot of new EVís, this next 2 years. VW introducing 3, the Kona, Kia Soul, looks interesting. So does the extending range Nissan Leaf. All with a 230 mile range. Iím more interested in a crossover vehicle.
Same here. I'm really excited to see the Model Y compact crossover from Tesla to have a dual motor (AWD) compact SUV option. Yes, lots of new EVs coming with 200+ mile ranges are good. The charging network issue so you can travel more than 100 miles from your house is the challenge for all of those, especially if you're not in a high population density area on either coast.

The Kia Niro EV is Kia's flavor of the Kona and it's a little bigger wagon-y thing. Hyundai has been selling the Ioniq EV for a little while now, but it has been limited to 120ish miles of range.

The other big issue with all of these models is that they generally are making low volumes for the entire world and in the US they target the CARB states for the emissions credits, so you only see a very small number of vehicles available whenever they finally do become available.

Speaking of Tesla service, I setup a service appointment for my car this week to have a badge installed that wasn't available when I picked up the car. They came to my house and took care of the work while I was on a conference call. Talked to the guy as he was finishing up, the badge was installed, he had checked my car for a TSB that had been issued for the frunk latch, and did a complimentary inspection for tire pressures, making sure software was up to date, etc. He left and I received an electronic copy of the work order on my phone to sign off and boom it was done. No muss, no fuss, no travel to a dealer, no paperwork to handle. Slickest service experience I've ever had. Tesla estimates that they can handle 80% of service visits remotely. Obviously, serious repairs that require a lift, need to be done in the service center, but they are trying to handle as many as they can remotely.
Smart Bob and smark like this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

The top selling EV, is the Tesla Model 3.

https://insideevs.com/february-2019-...s-report-card/
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
My daughter’s neighbor is a Tesla service guy who makes the trips and sometimes drops off a loaner if he can’t perform service on-site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode