User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
Cool! Nice to go old school Japanese. Also cool that Uhaul rents trailers for bikes, handy to know.

I can see how the crosstown got killed by the Jeep division though it's a pretty cool prototype. I certainly would have taken a look, like how the windshield folded under the front hood and I can see the sort of family resemblance but I highly doubt that vehicle would have poached any Wrangler sales as those buyers are pretty much set already on what they want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Awesome line up I have always wanted a ruckus. Because I love having what no else does I started off with a piaggio mp3. 2 wheels upfront 1 in the rear kind of scooter styled. I moved on to a bmw 1200rt I acquired from chp followed by my fully custom 1987 bmw k75 cafe racer. Most recently I have been enjoying my new can am spyder f3s. It also has 2 wheels upfront and 1 big wide one in the rear. I have to say that I hop on that more than anything and my smart has started to become a garage queen. Riding motorcycles is definitely a fun alternative to my smart in California and gives me the rush I need at 21 years old lol
Miss Mercedes likes this.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Mod ♥ 450/451/453 + Motos

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,648 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Well, I did it again! I sold the Buell Blast and now I bought myself a Goldwing! I got it for the price I sold my Buell Blast for.

And here's a pic of the GS850G out in the light:

And me on it after I got the engine running again (it had sucked up some water through the reserve. Don't worry, I only rode it in slow laps around my condo complex. I don't do street riding without a helmet.

That brings my count to three. I have these two vintage bikes and that white scooter from the OP.
OliverB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
A Goldwing!? Are you planning to do some touring?

You do realize that two of your bikes have more horsepower than the 451 smart?

~toaster

P.S. I like the Suzuki... I prefer the styling of that era to today's crotch rockets and customs... and a lot more comfortable to ride.
Miss Mercedes and OliverB like this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
For as much as I loved the agility of a modern sportbike, the looks leave much to be desired and the ergonomics...ha...just kidding, there are no ergonomics on a modern sportbike! Any more than an hour of riding and I get so sore.

Meanwhile, the Suzuki is basically like piloting a sofa that can easily break 100 mph in style. What sold me in the Winger was the fact that this resto-modded one has a similar style to the Suzuki, is more powerful, and is even more comfortable. I can scratch my speed itch and gobble up as many miles as fast as I want with a smile on my face. It also doesn't hurt that the paint is so beautifully new.
OliverB likes this.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 03:47 PM
10Year+ Supporting Member
SCOA Club

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Garage
Next, you should buy a motorcycle trailer as often as you rent from U-Haul.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Did you say you are thinking of riding in winter, in Wisconsin/Northern IL? I'd recommend against that. 2 wheels and slippy roads don't mix!

And even when the road is dry and clear, dealing with the cold is a bear - and patches of spilled road salt on curves can be treacherous too.

I know as I've been (electric!) motor scooter commuter for years. But save for those occasional nice days, I keep it in the garage from December through March.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mercedes View Post
Well, I did it again! I sold the Buell Blast and now I bought myself a Goldwing! I got it for the price I sold my Buell Blast for.

And here's a pic of the GS850G out in the light:

And me on it after I got the engine running again (it had sucked up some water through the reserve. Don't worry, I only rode it in slow laps around my condo complex. I don't do street riding without a helmet.

That brings my count to three. I have these two vintage bikes and that white scooter from the OP.
The Goldwing is a sweet stratolounge long hall impossible to destroy two wheeled wonder. They have tons of potential to do a cafe style look (IMOP) . Enjoy putting some miles on that one .
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
The Goldwing is a sweet stratolounge long hall impossible to destroy two wheeled wonder. They have tons of potential to do a cafe style look (IMOP) . Enjoy putting some miles on that one .

You got me looking on my local CraigsList at Goldwings... just out of curiosity, mind you. I was shocked to see how many were listed... with a number of them going from $800 up to $2500.

Tempting, but I don't need another bike at this point and my touring days were almost 40-years ago. Too many crazies on the roads these days... I'll piddle about on the trails where things are a lot safer.

~toaster
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
Did you say you are thinking of riding in winter, in Wisconsin/Northern IL? I'd recommend against that. 2 wheels and slippy roads don't mix!

And even when the road is dry and clear, dealing with the cold is a bear - and patches of spilled road salt on curves can be treacherous too.

I know as I've been (electric!) motor scooter commuter for years. But save for those occasional nice days, I keep it in the garage from December through March.
I plan to! The winter bike is going to be the Chinese 150cc Ruckus clone. Keeping it low powered and a vehicle I won't mind getting salted up. Of course, if it ends up being too cold and messy, I'll just retire the whole lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode