Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic Region (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f73/)
-   -   Another Dragon run? (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f73/another-dragon-run-42566/)

ArthurRW 01-20-2012 07:33 PM

Another Dragon run?
 
While surfing the web I came across this, www.backofthedragon.com and I was wondering if anybody drove this in a smart. Supposedly 216 curves in 32 miles, It runs from Tazewell, Va to Marion, Va and sounds like it might make a nice weekend get together for Va and NC smart drivers. It looks like rt 16 is very close to WVa. It might make a side trip for northeasterners to/from the OTD IV. I want to try it this spring but make a weekend out of it.

gstreetcomic 01-21-2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArthurRW (Post 484760)
While surfing the web I came across this, www.backofthedragon.com and I was wondering if anybody drove this in a smart. Supposedly 216 curves in 32 miles, It runs from Tazewell, Va to Marion, Va and sounds like it might make a nice weekend get together for Va and NC smart drivers. It looks like rt 16 is very close to WVa. It might make a side trip for northeasterners to/from the OTD IV. I want to try it this spring but make a weekend out of it.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Id be up for such a run.

Commander Cody 01-21-2012 02:49 PM

It's 318 curves in 11 miles. A lot of fun even if raining. Be careful tho - It can snow up there near the border into late Spring.

rfernatt 01-21-2012 03:21 PM

Cool. A different Dragon and closer to home. :) Actually, a much more northern section of Rt 16 runs right through Clay County where I live and it keeps going all the way to the Ohio river near Marietta, OH. Those are some rural areas of WV and it's probably similar through VA. Should be nice and twisty!

lynlacoma 01-21-2012 04:51 PM

This does sound like a good run, only about 5 hours from Northern Va!
I'll watch the thread for updates!

WMEEK_4_2 01-21-2012 05:42 PM

Hmmm, what a thought.

ArthurRW 01-21-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Cody (Post 484867)
It's 318 curves in 11 miles. A lot of fun even if raining. Be careful tho - It can snow up there near the border into late Spring.

That's the tail of the dragon, we're talking dragon's back, 216 curves in 32 miles. Not as curvy, different location, not as well known, also in Va not NC

ArthurRW 01-22-2012 06:17 PM

Lessee, if I left after work on a Friday, drive rt 58 until dark, find a motel and drive it Saturday morning...yeah it's doable, maybe twice, then back on 58 to home. Yeehaa! Road trip! maybe even get a dragonmaster sticker fro the 'Rover

Commander Cody 01-24-2012 09:05 AM

I thought of something bad
 
I got it. We have The Tail - The Back - what about the Head with those teeth and the fire. Our plastic bods and limited warranty don't have a chance. That would be bad to the bone - or charcoal...whatever.

GetSmrt28277 01-24-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Cody (Post 485211)
I got it. We have The Tail - The Back - what about the Head with those teeth and the fire. Our plastic bods and limited warranty don't have a chance. That would be bad to the bone - or charcoal...whatever.

Isn't there a volcano somewhere with a fun drive to the top? Oregon?:wink:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome