Smart vs. deer - Smart wins - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats not damage. Put some red duct tape on it and go home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

You are right. At least I would have my car back! Idiot dealership will have my car for 3 weeks because of their incompetence. Can you tell I am mad?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 07:20 AM

Did you take the car to CF in Virginia Beach? Last year I hit a deer and it took the dealership 3 weeks to fix my car. They forgot to order a part and since they only order parts for the smart every two weeks, yada, yada, yada.

After I got my car back it still wasn't fixed. I had to take it back and have the wiring harness rewired. I told the body shop that the harness was bad, but I was ignored. Their fix was to duct tape it together. Not good. If my smart ever needs body work, it will not be at CF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Closed

Who is doing the work, Scott Kurtz at scVAB or the CFM body shop? I know that that scVAB orders parts every Tuesday. I would think that unless there is trid damage that Scott could do it all.

Last edited by Old smart; 11-10-2009 at 08:26 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old smart View Post
Who is doing the work, Scott Kurtz at scVAB or the CFM body shop? I know that that scVAB orders parts every Tuesday. I would think that unless there is trid damage that Scott could do it all.
The folks that I'm not happy with is CF body shop. The smart service center in Virginia Beach is top shop. The CF body shop is about worthless (IMHO).
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch Smart View Post
Did you take the car to CF in Virginia Beach? Last year I hit a deer and it took the dealership 3 weeks to fix my car. They forgot to order a part and since they only order parts for the smart every two weeks, yada, yada, yada.

After I got my car back it still wasn't fixed. I had to take it back and have the wiring harness rewired. I told the body shop that the harness was bad, but I was ignored. Their fix was to duct tape it together. Not good. If my smart ever needs body work, it will not be at CF.
It is CF and I am having the exact same problem that you had. It will be four weeks this Wednesday. I am furious with them. I will not have body work done there again. I hope the Richmond dealership opens because that will likely be easier to get to for us anyway.

Does anyone know what the status on a Richmond dealership is?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 AM

The biggest problem I see when it comes to CF is that we are not driving BMWs. When I was finalizing paper work (had to be done at the "business office" in the BMW house) I was treated like a third class citizen.
They (CF) moved Scott out of the SCVAB shop and put him back into the BMW shop...I know he is not a happy camper at all. I found a screw missing on the door panel when I installed new speakers. Took CF 3 days to get the screw, then 2 hours to have it installed because Scott had to walk from the BMW shop to the smart shop. I pleaded to just give me the screw so I can get home. Nope...warranty work. Guess they billed Penske 2 hours of labor on that one...
I had a bad deal with CF twenty years ago and swore them off then. Had I known that SCVAB was under CF I would have traveled to another smart dealer definitely.
Car dealers, what more is there to say?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

We finally have the car!!!! It took 4 weeks and 2 days.

Here is the lowdown:
10/19 accident occurred
10/21 car towed to CF
10/23 they faxed forms for us to sign. I think it took some phone calls to get that to happen.
Don't hear back for several days despite several phone calls. Customer representative finally called the following Tuesday or Wednesday and said she never got fax. She said she had a family emergency and that is why she did not call back. I guess no one else bothers to listen to voicemail. My husband asks if the headlight can be fixed enough so that we can drive the car until the fender comes in. They determine that the headlight cannot be fixed until the fender comes in. He asks about the scratches in the door. She says they will buff them out. They make arrangements for me to see the work on the door when I am in town on 11/5.
11/5 I stop by CF and find that not only did they not buff the door but they have not cleaned the car. There is so much deer blood and guts on the car that you cannot tell what is scratches and what is dirt. I ask about the status of the fender arriving and find that they just ordered the headlight assembly on 11/3! I leave very angry. I called the manager and asked him to assure me that he will personally inspect the car inside and out. He calls me back a couple of times and makes the assurance.
11/18 After not hearing anything, I decide to show up at CF and wait for about 10 minutes for the manager. The manager tells me they discovered that the door would not buff out so they had to order another panel which would arrive the next day. A few sentences later, he mentions he had the panel overnighted. (hmm - I wonder if the door panel was ordered while I was waiting in the lounge?)

11/20 We finally get the car!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode