Smart Car of America Forum banner

SmartCenterGermantown annual cherry blossom ride (04-10-2010)

15K views 87 replies 23 participants last post by  gstreetcomic 
#1 ·
Here we go again!! Its getting close to SCG annual cherry blossom ride to DC. Last year we had 33 smarties attend. We want more cars this year! For those who wish to return please let us know in the next few weeks. Also if you need more details call us at 301-601-5575. More info will be posted soon. Thanks :smartje::smartje.rd.zw::smartje.bl.zw::smartje.zw.zw::smartje::smartje.bl.zw::smartje.zw.zw:

#6 ·
Without going into too much detail. SCG will host an early breakfast here at our store. We will meet and greet and then head down to D.C. We will ride down to L'Enfant plaza where parking will be paid and waiting for us. The day will be April 10th. Which is the day of the cherry blossom parade in D.C. Hours, raffles,free gifts and details will follow soon.

#15 ·
I got mine from Tysons Smart center, i am sure that there be no problem joining in on the cruise. I went to their one year anniversary gig and was welcomed eagerly. It is all about meeting other owners my friend.

that sounds like a geat idea hows about two smarts from glen burnie maryland . can we joi:smartje.bl.zw::smartje.rd.zw:n you guys even though we bought ours at annapolis smart center ?

#21 · (Edited)
Here is the OFFICIAL itinerary for the second annual SCG cherry blossom ride to D.C.
Doors open at 7am sharp for arrival at SCG (19750 Germantown Rd Germantown MD 20874) and catered breakfast courtesy of Panera Bread yummy!
We will have free give aways and raffles from 7:30am-8:45am.
Then Giovanni & Sean will explain the route and give important info regarding our ride down to D.C.
After that at 9:15 we will all start our engines and head out behind our dealership to an open parking lot for a group picture (bring your cameras).
We would like to head out to D.C no later than 9:45am.
Based on last years ride, it should take us about 40-45 minutes to get to our destination, L'Enfant Plaza.
There we will have parking spaces reserved for us.
It's about 11:00am by the time we are done with the ride. Now your parking space is yours all day. From there you are free to see the parade, visit the cherry blossom trees, grab a bite, whatever you like. L'Enfant plaza is 2 blocks within everything.
Now here is the MOST important thing of all. I need an accurate count of everyone who will be coming to this event. That means you and anyone else in your party. I need to know for the give aways and to reserve your parking space. Very important people!! April 10th rain or shine. Now if this info does not answer your questions. Please call us at 301-601-5575 or 301-601-5515.

#35 ·
If you could, around the Wednesday before, try to narrow down the time frame of traveling. We could join up and make the trek. Friday night on 95 would be a little challenging. With the time change, and the longer days of daylight, it will be better. Looking forward to this event.

#36 ·
It might be wise for your group to leave at a very good time such as early morning. The rush hour in that area can be a nightmare, especially if you come down 495 towards Rockville which i am assuming you are going down.
BTW that trial begins about as early as 4.00 pm and can go on a long time until as late as 7.00 pm. If i am wrong, let me know any of the guys in Maryland.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.