Visit to Smart Center Germantown/Drive - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Visit to Smart Center Germantown/Drive

So I got in from a visit to SCG a while ago, and I have to say, I am really glad they are my assigned dealer. On to that later.

I got there, walked in, and put my name down a list for a test drive. SCG has one tester, a Blue Passion coupe with the Comfort Package, and there were a couple of people ahead of me for drives - I didn't mind. In their showroom, they currently have a Passion Cabrio, a Passion Coupe, and a Pure coupe in its most true form - no options at all.

While waiting on my drive, I talked to one of the gentlemen working there, as well as Sean, the manager. Some customers came in to take delivery of a Passion coupe. Right about this time, a torrential downpour with winds came through. Sean mentioned to me that you are now able to pick which dealer you want to deliver through, which might be worthwhile to think about. SCG's doc fees are $99, and from what I have read, Tysons and Alexandria's fees are like $250. Besides that, they have a hell of a complex up there and what looks to be a great service department.

When it came time to drive, I took the tester down some side roads, and out onto I-270. The rain had mostly stopped, but the winds were up. I have not had a fortwo on the highway yet, so this was rather important to me (I drive the DC beltway very frequently). Coming down the ramp, I stood on the pedal to see how it would do, and promptly shot up to about 70, where I let up on it. You could feel the wind pushing the car, but it really wasn't any worse than my Saturn VUE, and in fact, other than that, the ride was pleasant and surprisingly quiet. The thing sounds very nice, as well - I quite enjoy the noises it makes around town, and really like the growl when you stand on the pedal. I got off of 270, looped back around, and went back up to where I got on. Some tool in a Civic tried to pass me on the ramp, and couldn't muster enough forward thrust to blow around my (not even floored) smart. A quick zip down some side streets, and I was back at the dealer.

All in all, any qualms I might have had about having one on the highway were solved, and the wind was no bother.

The automatic wipers are great. I did find the rear wiper mildly annoying in how easy it is to activate, but oh well. Oh! and the front washer is great - when you use it, the nozzles sort of spin the stream, rather than just shooting a stream. Kudos to smart for these features.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, the controls for the wipers are pretty easy to turn on and it hard to tell at what position they are at... Today, the rear wiper kept going and it seemed like it should have been off.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrooks View Post
Yeah, the controls for the wipers are pretty easy to turn on and it hard to tell at what position they are at... Today, the rear wiper kept going and it seemed like it should have been off.
pull back one click to shut it off, two forward will squirt the back then detent to on. pull back for front washers. top fast med off intermittant and auto for comfort package bottom
hope that helps
karl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode