Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   Audio & Video (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   Pioneer AVIC-F900BT - Loving it. (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f76/pioneer-avic-f900bt-loving-13540/)

SEEBURG200 09-05-2008 08:07 PM

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT - Loving it.

I had the dealer install a AVIC-F900BT. It came with Bluetooth for my I-Phone, Backup Camera for backing out at the store, Sirius Radio for those long trips, GPS since I don't like asking for Directions and a DVD player when you want to go to your car at lunch and watch a movie. I love it. I think it really adds to the smart experience. With the adapter it fits well into the dash. It's one of the first things people see when they look at the dash, and I really think it makes a good impression on people. I would recommend it for everyone. You just have to remember to put the parking break on to set the destination. It took me two hours of trying to add my home address and then I gave up and read the instructions. RTFM, Read The Freakin Manual. One problem, the radio doesn't work with the I-phone plugged in to the USB slot even though they say it will. I read where the I-phone wont work when you upgrade to I-phone 2.0. I hope Pioneer will come out with a patch. The Manual doesn't say it works with the I-phone, but pioneer's web page does.

tigerwong58 09-06-2008 05:12 PM

I have the same, there is a way to overide the Parking Brake (not break) mode, so hat your "Co-pilot" can navigate for you. It's on eBay, search for Avic F900BT and there will be several sellers for this modification. I use me iphone 3G via bluetooth, no problem.

mcphearson 09-06-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerwong58 (Post 133318)
I have the same, there is a way to overide the Parking Brake (not break) mode, so hat your "Co-pilot" can navigate for you. It's on eBay, search for Avic F900BT and there will be several sellers for this modification. I use me iphone 3G via bluetooth, no problem.

Please don't do this. those ebay listing for avic bypasses are scammers selling you a guide thats avalible free online. At avic411.com they have a full bypass guide with pictures for the F series avic's. It's a very, very easy modification.

Napoleon12 09-06-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEBURG200 (Post 132926)
I had the dealer install a AVIC-F900BT. It came with Bluetooth for my I-Phone, Backup Camera for backing out at the store, Sirius Radio for those long trips, GPS since I don't like asking for Directions and a DVD player when you want to go to your car at lunch and watch a movie. I love it. I think it really adds to the smart experience. With the adapter it fits well into the dash. It's one of the first things people see when they look at the dash, and I really think it makes a good impression on people. I would recommend it for everyone. You just have to remember to put the parking break on to set the destination. It took me two hours of trying to add my home address and then I gave up and read the instructions. RTFM, Read The Freakin Manual. One problem, the radio doesn't work with the I-phone plugged in to the USB slot even though they say it will. I read where the I-phone wont work when you upgrade to I-phone 2.0. I hope Pioneer will come out with a patch. The Manual doesn't say it works with the I-phone, but pioneer's web page does.

which dealer did you get ur smart from?

braddman 09-07-2008 10:01 AM

I'm about to get the same one. I have the N1 in my Mercedes and it's awesome.

SunDiego 09-07-2008 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerwong58 (Post 133318)

Don't waste your money. Just search on avic411.com like someone else has said.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

sk8ndad 09-07-2008 10:14 AM

I have bluetooth on my current car and people I talk to complain about the audio quality. What are you finding with this model? Another question has to do with ipods. I would like the system to remember where I was on my ipod when I turned the car off. Does this unit remember or does it always go to a default location?

Evilution 09-07-2008 10:59 AM

If this headunit only works when the handbrake is on, it must be connected to the handbrake switch for it to know when it is on. Surely all you have to do is take that wire and either earth it or apply 12v for it to think the handbrake is on.

buellwinkle 09-07-2008 11:24 AM

I never understood why they won't let you set the nav while driving, what if a passenger wants to use it? It's one of the reasons I've been holding back on the new MB C-Class. I have the last C-class with nav and it works all the time, the new C-Class nav, which is a ridiculous $3K, won't let you set a destination while driving either.

Napoleon12 09-07-2008 05:40 PM

that have it that way for safety and if it does dvd so u can not watch movies while driving