User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl242 View Post
woah yea i don't know anyone to my knowledge that burglarizes--would be shocking. I called the SF Police and told them that a) my car was broekn into and b) it was covered in greasy fingerprints that they were welcome to come and lift. They told me I can fill out a police report online, and they don't send cops over for minor things such as this as they have bigger fish to fry here
True Dat !!

One of the times my car was broken into, a cop came out to do a police report. I didn't touch anything, as handprints were all over everything. I had washed my car the day before so I knew they weren't mine. When I told the cop they could lift prints, he just smiled at me and said, "The only time we lift prints on a car is when a homicide was commited. This is real life, not TV." He didn't say it snotty, he just said it matter-of-factly.

Sucks walking out to your car and see its been broken in to. Been there more times than I care to think about. Got to the point where I'd just clean up and go to work....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 AM
OTD3 lifetime Member
SCOA Club

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalDragon View Post
Well.... you can't really take the faceplate with you if you get an in-dash nav. At least not on any of the Pioneer or Kenwood double DIN's that i've seen.
The actual 4.3" nav unit on the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT is removable, but the rest of the faceplate is permanent.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenka View Post
The actual 4.3" nav unit on the Pioneer AVIC-U310BT is removable, but the rest of the faceplate is permanent.
Yep, I heard that. I also heard that it does not contain the GPS antenna, so it is sort of useless w/o the rest of the deck, but I think by taking it with me at least it'll be a bit of a deterrent to people who want to get into my car again . . . and i won't have any more "Hey everyone I have GPS in my glovebox" marks on my windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl242 View Post
Yep, I heard that. I also heard that it does not contain the GPS antenna, so it is sort of useless w/o the rest of the deck, but I think by taking it with me at least it'll be a bit of a deterrent to people who want to get into my car again . . . and i won't have any more "Hey everyone I have GPS in my glovebox" marks on my windshield.
Must be a stupid crook, anyone smart (no punt intended) would have broken into anyone's car.

Tags
broken in , robbed , stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode