Question: anti-rattle device ball mount/reciever. - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question: anti-rattle device ball mount/reciever.

Has anyone here successfully added the Boone AKA "The Wedge" anti-rattle device to his/her ball mount receiver? I have the newer Curt 11020 class one 1 1/4" hitch with the solid ball mount. There seems to be another option for a hollow 1 1/4, but none other than "The Wedge" for the solid ball mount.

I purchased "The Wedge", but the problem that I am having is that "The Wedge" doesn't actually wedge into the slight side gap as pictured on the link below.

Should I just get a hollow 1 1/4 ball mount with the Curt F-315 ? Has this option been successful?

Hitch Stablizer kills hitch rattle & hold racks tight

Trailer Hitch Anti-Rattle Kit for 1-1/4" Trailer Hitches F-315 : Trailer hitch bike rack and trailer hitches - etrailer.com

Thanks for any tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last edited by donnyonee; 04-12-2010 at 05:01 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We just got done installing the Kurt specific to the smart hitch system on our vehicle. Unlike the other Kurt products with which we are familiar, this one came with a solid bent bar that arcs upward to where the ball is mounted. (It also is about an inch too low to trail the trailer level.

On our other mount, we installed the internal nut through which the hitch pin engages and draws the whole thing together. Unfortunately, this version will not work with the solid bar, and my past experiences with the "wedge" design leads me to believe that it is not the solution.

I'm having a hollow hitch constructed which will solve this (as well as the drawbar height issue) - one more damn'd thing on the To Do list.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode