My experience with MB of Westminster - no bueno - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
Home News Models Alternatives

Smart Car of America - America's Largest Smart Fortwo Enthusiast Community   Smart Fortwo, smart car, smartcar
HOME FORUMS GALLERY

Go Back   Smart Car Forums > Chapters/Regions > West Coast Region > Colorado Chapter

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Drive: Passion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I still miss smartcenter Denver. It had that small coffee shop feel.

cpear451 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Drive: crossblade
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to apologize on the behalf of Chuck, he is no longer with us(nothing morbid, he moved to KC). I personally told him multiple times to make sure you knew that a used airbag control unit would not work as MB/Smart does not give us the capability of flashing a new VIN into them. If the message never reached you that was entirely on his part, which is why I made sure to leave a note in the car after the second visit (which if memory serves the note might not have ever made it to you because that was when we fixed it)
SmartCenterWestminsterTec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SmartCenterWestminsterTec For This Useful Post:
jwight (07-23-2013)
Old 07-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Drive: Pure
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
[quote ]I still miss smartcenter Denver. It had that small coffee shop feel.[/quote]

Yes this center was SmartCar ONLY service... no other type of cars serviced there. Think I was among last customers, got 2011 Pure in April and by mid. May 2011 they closed operation & moved several Smart cars that were for repairs to Kuni Honda location on Arapahoe St. Still they would order a spare & wheel for me, after business @ Smart Center closed.

Think that SmartCar operations/repairs at MB Westminster, could be a 'separate' operation emulating old Denver Smart Car center.

Had no issues w/special order w/current dealership... had no need for service
as my car is so new.
Janko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am New here but i had to weigh in because I have been there 3 times since i got mine 3 yrs ago. They charged me 500$ for the first oil change. I had no idea of this was normal then went the next year for my oil change. It was now 300$ and took 4 hrs to do. I was told 1 and a half hours. I just went to get brakes and tires. I was quoted at 900$ then got it done a month later and it cost me 1300$ when i told them i needed to be sure of that price before I brought it in. They are completely a rip off.
ChristineS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Drive: passion
Thanked 5,788 Times in 3,506 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to SCoA!

Wow.....
jwight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Drive: Brabus
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineS View Post
I am New here but i had to weigh in because I have been there 3 times since i got mine 3 yrs ago. They charged me 500$ for the first oil change. I had no idea of this was normal then went the next year for my oil change. It was now 300$ and took 4 hrs to do. I was told 1 and a half hours. I just went to get brakes and tires. I was quoted at 900$ then got it done a month later and it cost me 1300$ when i told them i needed to be sure of that price before I brought it in. They are completely a rip off.
I'm not a rocket scientist, but $500.00 for an oil change, and then $300.00, are you kidding me? I've watched quite a few videos on Youtube and this has to be one of the easiest cars out there to change the oil. I have a 2003 New Beetle Turbo S that is a pain to get to the oil filter and my local shop only charges me $20.00 if I supply the oil and filter.

Last edited by SmoovJazzy; 09-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.
SmoovJazzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2018, 06:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Drive: pure
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
"Oil change" at MB-Westminster was $429.88. But included air cleaner and other misc. parts for 30k service. Labor was $276, and they added $41.40 "Misc. Charge".

My last oil change at my local independent shop was $54.30 complete. His specialty is Ford Power Stroke work, but he said the Smart was a piece of cake. Done in 30 min. and it helped that NAPA store is next door and had filter and syn oil in stock.
oldflyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Drive: passion
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Garage
I am in the $30 and under oil change club. The only reason I have it changed is so I don't have to drop the used oil off anywhere. Super simple and accessible change. The 451 non turbo air filter is a 5 min change now that I know that you unseat the cover slide it to the right and it lifts right out. I'm staying with the original enclosed air cleaner box. Its easy enough to find the oil and filters on sale when nearing oil change time. Normal repairs for my 451 are bringing normal repair prices. And the same rules as ever seem to apply for DYI items...... A hammer a screwdriver a socket wrench, some electrical tape and 20 minutes is all it should take. I'm having a blast with this car
twcom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Zipcode/Postal Code
*Required, this field is not shown to others. It has to match your residence and IP.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
This location will be the only one displayed in your profile for all to see.
fortwo Model
What model fortwo do you have or are interested in?
tridion Safety Cell Color
Exterior Color
Interior Color
Car Wraps/Vehicle Advertising
Would you be willing to place advertisements on your smart car?
Events/Photoshoots/Commercials
Would you like to hear about potential events that you and your smart car can participate in such as photoshoots and commercials?

Log-in