Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f82/)
-   -   Driving smart - my smartblog (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f82/driving-smart-my-smartblog-10098/)

Broken Kid 06-25-2008 11:19 AM

Driving smart - my smartblog
 
Posting here since I'm in upstate NY and, well, that's mostly where I drive my car. :)

I've started a new blog called Driving smart where I'll be posting pictures, discussing my experiences, and giving my impressions of the car. If interested, please check it out. :)

BigWarpGuy 06-26-2008 09:50 PM

Nice Blog
 
:bigthumbup:It is a really nice blog. :cool:

Broken Kid 06-27-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigWarpGuy (Post 98965)
:bigthumbup:It is a really nice blog. :cool:

Thanks! If nothing else, it will be a fun way to prattle on about my experiences and log some of the unusual questions I get. Plus, I can post pictures! I plan on doing more comparisons if I can find good cars to park next to...

bigcritter 06-27-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Kid (Post 98086)
Posting here since I'm in upstate NY and, well, that's mostly where I drive my car. :)

I've started a new blog called Driving smart where I'll be posting pictures, discussing my experiences, and giving my impressions of the car. If interested, please check it out. :)

Just checked our your BLOG!! VERY COOL!! :) I really like the idea of posting your experiences with your smart. I especially like the POSITIVE stuff as opposed to a lot of the "whining" that seems to occur on the forum...........problems, etc. Don't get me wrong.......I've gotten caught up a couple of times myself! :( However, my experience with my car overall has been OUTSTANDING, and I've just really been enjoying it lately! When I first picked my car up at smartcenter Seattle, I started asking Ethan Smith (the GM) a bunch of questions about the "break-in" period, etc. His advice......."Just Drive It!" Very good advice! That's exactly waht I've been doing lately........not trying to milk every last ounce out of the tank of gas, wondering why I invested $150 in a ScanGauge, etc. I've been stomping down on the gas pedal, letting the WONDERFUL transmission do it's thing, and learning just how capable this machine really is!! :) YES......MORE SMILES PER GALLON THAN ANY OTHER CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!:p

dcrooks 06-27-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcritter (Post 99230)
Just checked our your BLOG!! VERY COOL!! :) I really like the idea of posting your experiences with your smart. I especially like the POSITIVE stuff as opposed to a lot of the "whining" that seems to occur on the forum...........problems, etc. Don't get me wrong.......I've gotten caught up a couple of times myself! :( However, my experience with my car overall has been OUTSTANDING, and I've just really been enjoying it lately! When I first picked my car up at smartcenter Seattle, I started asking Ethan Smith (the GM) a bunch of questions about the "break-in" period, etc. His advice......."Just Drive It!" Very good advice! That's exactly waht I've been doing lately........not trying to milk every last ounce out of the tank of gas, wondering why I invested $150 in a ScanGauge, etc. I've been stomping down on the gas pedal, letting the WONDERFUL transmission do it's thing, and learning just how capable this machine really is!! :) YES......MORE SMILES PER GALLON THAN ANY OTHER CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!:p

So, you don't think the ScanGauge is worth it? I am pretty close to getting one... I am interested in your thoughts on it...

Broken Kid 06-27-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcritter (Post 99230)
Just checked our your BLOG!! VERY COOL!! :) I really like the idea of posting your experiences with your smart. ... That's exactly waht I've been doing lately........not trying to milk every last ounce out of the tank of gas, wondering why I invested $150 in a ScanGauge, etc. I've been stomping down on the gas pedal, letting the WONDERFUL transmission do it's thing, and learning just how capable this machine really is!! :) YES......MORE SMILES PER GALLON THAN ANY OTHER CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!!:p

I've been a big fan of the smart, and that was tarnished a bit when I had to have the car towed to the dealer at 300 miles, but for the most part, I'm a huge proponent of the car! I wanted one for nearly a decade, so most of my posts are probably going to be positive! Thanks for the nice feedback!

I think the idea about mileage - and the use of ScanGauge to keep track of it - depends on why you bought the car. If you, like me, fell in love with the car because of its uniqueness and practicality, the ability to park anywhere, and because it's good on gas, you probably don't think about mileage all the time and drive it how you want. If someone bought the car mainly because it gets great mileage, they probably worry about it a lot more and would find a tool like the ScanGauge more useful. I'm like you, the mileage is just a nice benefit! :)

bigcritter 06-27-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcrooks (Post 99231)
So, you don't think the ScanGauge is worth it? I am pretty close to getting one... I am interested in your thoughts on it...

Please don't miscontrue.......the ScanGauge works really well........and does EVERYTHING that it's supposed to do! I just meant that, for ME, I'm just NOT wanting to stress about the MPGs. The mileage for the smart didn't even come into play when I ordered........I simply LOVED the looks of the car, and knew that I had to have one! :) I still have my ScanGauge hooked up, but I'm just finding that I'm gonna drive how I'm gonna drive, regardless of what's showing on the gauge! :) I hope that makes sense! For instance, I read on the forum where someone (yet again!) was complaining about the way the transmission shifts. Well, someone said if you don't like the really quick shift-points and the "dipping/lunging", just STOMP ON IT!! When you do that, it feels like you're driving a sports car, and it's a fun drive! So lately, I've been glancing down at my ScanGauge and watching the MPGs just DROP, and I DON'T CARE!! :D So........if I'm only getting 35 mpg......or 32......whatever, I'm certainly getting more "Smiles per Mile!" :cool: For you, or someone else, I'm certain that the ScanGauge would be a LOT more important (for your OWN reasons), than it's become to me. Now.......if I take it on a trip or something, then I might like having the ScanGauge more to try and milk the gas tank. Then again..................:D

CruisingAZ 06-27-2008 11:01 AM

I like the blog idea, where does one look to create something like that?

dcrooks 06-27-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisingAZ (Post 99255)
I like the blog idea, where does one look to create something like that?

Go to http://www.blogger.com. It is free.

My blog: im-smrt dot com http://www.im-smrt.com

Broken Kid 06-27-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcrooks (Post 99259)
Go to http://www.blogger.com. It is free.

My blog: im-smrt dot com http://www.im-smrt.com

Sweet! I knew I couldn't be the first. :)

I think we should collectively trademark the term "smartblog". It will be the new Internet buzzword!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome