My experience at Smart Center Buffalo - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My experience at Smart Center Buffalo

I wanted to relay my experience at Smart Center Buffalo. This is the condensed version. I'm sending the detailed version to the general manager and Smart USA.

I'll start with the positive. Chris and Dave were very helpful when I picked up my car! They apologized for the problems I had and spent plenty of time showing me the car. Also, Linda got me a great financing rate. I love my car and couldn't be more happy with it!

Now the problems. The sales rep, Joe, clearly wasn't trained well. I tried arranging financing for weeks, and he didn't move on it. He needed to be given the information three times, and he still gave the wrong fax number to the person covering for him this week. I almost wasn't able to take possession of my car today due to problems he had.

Turns out, I was filling out the financing paperwork and thought to ask about my $99 reservation fee. They didn't have it, forgot it completely. And when they re-did the financing sheet, they discovered another error. This one was in my favor, but if I didn't bring these issues up, I would be paying significantly more.

They made no effort to make things up to me, but they did apologize. It just wasn't enough, frankly. I highly recommend anyone buying from Buffalo check which sales rep is assigned to them and request a change if it's Joe. I informed them I wouldn't deal with him again. I think the training is woefully inadequate, and I had to do far more than should be expected to get my car.

Good luck to anyone else going through Buffalo. I hope you love your cars too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode