User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Rochester NY Greentopia Fest

I just sent an email to the organizers of the Greentopia festival to put a bug in their ear about the possibility of having an eco-friendly vehicle show next year during the Ecofest portion of the festival.

Greentopia festival is a sustainability festival here in Rochester, NY. Its inaugural year was last year and this year has grown to be a full-week multi-outlet festival. This year's festival includes a music festival, a film festival, an innovation conference and the core Ecofest. You can find out more at Greentopia Festival | Rochester, NY or http://www.facebook.com/greentopiafest

Please respond to this thread if you are interested in the possibility of a show/rally. Date is to be determined, but will probably be around mid-september (14th/15th or 21st/22nd).

Please share on any other eco-friendly vehicle forums and report interest levels back to this thread. I authorize copying and pasting this entire text to other forums, so long as every reference to "I" is replaced with "nconant at the Smart Car of America forums" (attribution, after all, is a good thing).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alternative Fuel Vehicle Show at Greentopia 2012

Actually, we DO have an alternative vehicle show at THIS year's Greentopia Eco-Fest on Sep. 15th and 16th at High Falls. I believe there are almost 25 different vendors signed up for this event where you'll be able to view electric, hybrid and other alternative fuel vehicles.

We hope to increase the number next year as we grow into our third year! Come check it out!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
You have my attention! Problem is, mentioned are electric, hybrid, and alternative-fuel vehicles.

What about the green side of gas vehicles - like our Smarts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great stuff at this year's car show.

It's really EVERY kind of car we can get out hands on that has a significant green impact (no "this care also can take a little ethanol). For example, last year we had:
GM Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars
Vegetable Fuel-driven cars
GM Chevy Volt (mixed gas & electric)
Prius and prius family
All-electric Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi miev, etc.
Also trying to get a Tessla...
AND WE ALREADY HAVE THE GREENTOPIA SMART CAR!

The show also contained MANY other types including some experimental vehicles from bikes to mopeds, etc. There were over 21 different vehicles in the show and it was one of the most popular areas of the festival! This year we expect about the same number of vehicles and are really blitzing the airwaves, etc., for our final PR push.

Thanks and hope to see you at the festival

Michael Philipson, Greentopia Co-Counder.

We hope to do much more next year but not always easy to get the various brands and companies to work TOGETHER to show off their latest vehicles.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
I would love to attend with my Smart, but even in Utica NY, this was the first I heard of the event. Next year, I'll certainly be there! How does one sign up to be a participant in the festival?

Thanks for coming here and giving us the heads up. Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but best of luck, and I'll see you in 2013.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
What I am after is to set up a show involving the owners of the vehicles. The show the past two years has been only dealers and limited to show and tell.

Show and tell alone sell people on a car. The clincher is generally the test drive. By involving owners who could do the showing and telling, the dealers could do test drives. Putting the dealers and the owners in the same place would make sense, but they could be in separate locations, especially if it makes it easier for owners to show and tell while dealers are doing test drives.

I have already sent an e-mail to the Greentopia team. I am just trying to drum up interest in a possible owner show. I am hoping people will pick up my op and share it on other eco-friendly vehicle forums (including other smart forums). Greentopia 2013 is a year away and any plans for it are just getting underway, or will be after this year's wrap up meetings.

Skippy, they'll post information about next year's festival on their website greentopiafestival.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to nconantj For This Useful Post:
SkippyThorson (09-17-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode