User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Utica, NY - Smart Treasure Hunting

I live in Utica, and up until recently, I've rarely seen Smart Cars anywhere in the area. Lately, some 451s seem to be out and about, and I love catching them.

For quite a while, I've been seeing a Yellow Smart around Downtown, more-so during the Summer months.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a Red one going down the Parkway - a main thoroughfare across the city.

Last week, a Silver one I've seen a couple times turned left next to me in an intersection, and she stopped next to me to chat. I noticed she had a nice two-tone red and black interior, and I complimented it. She asked how I liked my car, and said she's had hers for years. I told her I only had mine for about a month. I wish we were able to chat longer, but a car behind me was getting impatient for the 10 seconds we spoke. :roll eyes:

So far, I've yet to see another Blue one in the area.

I've yet to see White or Black, and I've never seen any Cabrio - I'd be interested in adding them to my treasure hunt! I'm glad to see that these cars are still the unique little eye-catchers of the road. I get a lot of looks and compliments, which I'm still getting used to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oh, what the heck. I figured I'd update for the Mohawk Valley. One day before St Patrick's Day (I want to say Friday, March 16th) I saw that Yellow and Black bumble bee again. As tempted as I was to reroute and follow it, I realized I would just come off as kind of creepy.

I'd love to see a stranger come on here one day and identify themselves! Does anyone else get as excited when they happen to run in to a local Smartie?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Early last week I found a 2008 red-orange with a black Tridion in a driveway. They put a Mercedes badge on the rear bumper.

Last last week I saw that yellow / black bumblebee again! Come forward already!!!

Early this week, I saw a silver / silver one no more than 4 blocks away from where I saw the yellow / black one while in Downtown Utica. Smarts galore! It makes me happy.

Still haven't seen black, white, or that new sky-blue in person. Saw the matte green at Smart Latham.

That Albany dealer had an ED out back ready for a scheduled checkup, decked out as a Domino's delivery vehicle. Apparently, the owner of a Domino's in the area has 8 vehicles - 6 Smarts, a Smart ED and a Fiat 500. I wouldn't mind delivering pizzas there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
By sky blue, I am assuming you mean the light metallic blue... like mine.

If you want to see it in person, feel free to come to Rochester for a visit. Just PM me a day or two in advance of your trip, so I can give you a good meeting place.
The Following User Says Thank You to nconantj For This Useful Post:
SkippyThorson (04-24-2012)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nconantj View Post
By sky blue, I am assuming you mean the light metallic blue... like mine.

If you want to see it in person, feel free to come to Rochester for a visit. Just PM me a day or two in advance of your trip, so I can give you a good meeting place.
I might take you up on that some day. That is, of course, you unless you want to meet, and show off your car at my Watkins Glen event this July.

A couple of mornings last week, I saw a silver/black Smart parked in front of a little pizza place, near the railroad tracks downtown. Today, I saw my first matte green one out in the wild! It was green/black, and parked at some packing or machining building just off the North / South Arterial.

The Smarties are becoming plentiful!!!

I wish I had some template for SCOA business cards to put on the windshields of these cars. It seems I'm the only one out of about a half dozen Smarts in the area visiting here.

Last edited by SkippyThorson; 04-24-2012 at 01:35 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Found a Silver and Black one off of Vickerman Hill in German Flatts, NY! Also found a family of Sheep. Not sure which I was more excited to see.

Also passed a Yellow and Black one in downtown NY today. I think it's the usually Yellow one that's always in the heart of the city.

Love seeing Smarts around. Someone that works at St. Elizabeth's hospital owns the 2008 Orange and Black one with a Mercedes badge on the bumper. I honked as I passed, and he looked at me with a bit of happiness and shock.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyThorson View Post
...and I've never seen any Cabrio
Next time I work on a show that plays the Stanley Theatre, I'll let you know. *Then* you'll see one.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Rigger For This Useful Post:
SkippyThorson (06-17-2012)
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nconantj View Post
Just PM me a day or two in advance of your trip, so I can give you a good meeting place.
In Rochester? Dinosaur BBQ.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
In Rochester? Dinosaur BBQ.
Dino works, but so does Nick Tahou's (city or Henrietta) or Steve T's (formerly Nick's Lyell Ave location, but family falling out broke it off).

If you are coming or are here, when? (Can't 8-5 Mon-Fri, except Nick's Henrietta... just barely.)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I can add cabrios and sky blue to the list thanks to the Watkins Glen event!

I saw the silver/silver on the Parkway today. I was stopped at a red light going one way, and he was heading the opposite way. He honked and waved, and I honked and waved back.

Oh, the little things in life. That made my day. I've seen the guy around downtown, and it's the same silver/silver as before.

Still very tempted to go visit the owner of the matte green one at his work. It might come off as stalker-ish, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« NYC Road Dashes | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode