Window Tinting - Page 3 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Because I drive right into the sun so very often here and that light is so very bright when it hits you dead on, I had my front windshield only done here locally. It only goes down to a certain mark that is in the windshield. I also found a tinted shield that clipped onto my visor and can easily be pulled down when needed. It is maybe 10" in length and perhaps 6-8" wide. I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond quite a while back. The way I sit in my seat, I have to lower my hear when I come to a red light in order to see the light. With that tint piece, it actually makes it a bit dark in trying to see those lights change colors, too. In fact, it has been a nuisance more than a help to have that single strip at the top of the front windshield and that foldable shield actually works pretty well by itself. None of my mods added with tinting were to make my car cooler My AC seems to work okay in doing that. I just went this route for those days when I was out in the direct sun as I drove. I am too lazy to pull off that tint strip at this point and have simply adapted to having it in my car. My state only allows the tint to drop down a few inches at the front windshield. The guy who installed it said there are different types, but said this one was best suited for what I was wanting done. If I sat about an inch or two lower in my car, then this would work out just fine for what I installed it for. Moving my seat forward or backward does not help me in the least in sitting low enough to not have to duck my head in order to see those red lights clearly. In reality, if I had known it would end up like this, I'd have opted to not install it at all, as that shield I have works just fine for me. I removed the dark shield screen and kept the yellow one that works just fine. If I don't need it, then I simply fold it up to the visor and out of the way.

I have some pop up shields to go in the windshield to keep the car cooler. I am not good at remembering to put them in place all that often though, but they do work to keep the steering wheel and dash from roasting my hands when I touch them on a hot day here under the Texas sun. I keep them stored behind the passenger seat.

Good luck with the tint situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode