Smart Car of America Forum banner

Merry Christmas to all & Happy New Year

10K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  jwight 
#1 ·
Feliz Navidad a todos y tambien un prospero año nuevo, si es posible.

#5 · (Edited)
Translations for those of us outside the loop, via Google:

Merry Christmas to all and also a prosperous new year, if possible.
..igual para ti RVGRINGO...y espero que este dia te encuentre rodeado de felicidad con tu familia y amigos....

jetfuel
RVGRINGO same for you ... and I hope this day finds you surrounded by happiness with your family and friends
Asi fue y mañana manejemos el Smart por la playa en Manzanillo,Colima, donde desfrutaramos una semana tranquil con amigos. Vamos a saludar el año nuevo con fuegos artificiales, champagne y KFC en la playa.
Saludos amigo.
So was and handle the Smart morning on the beach in Manzanillo, Colima, where desfrutaramos a tranquil weeks with friends. Let's welcome the New Year with fireworks, champagne and KFC on the beach. Greetings friend.
Feliz Ano Nuevo para todos!!!
Que envidia estar en Manzanillo con un clima excelente y un rico KFC!!
Happy New Year to all! To envy in Manzanillo with an excellent climate and rich KFC!
======================
Chicken on the beach, with champagne? Uh oh.

#7 ·
Google, like most machine translations, do leave a bit to be desired and often make some very strange translations, as above.
Well, we did enjoy Manzanillo and also spent another week in Mazatlan, Sinaloa. So, for the moment, we are beached out. Now, we're looking forward to 'Carnaval' right here in Chapala, with the celebrations starting on Tuesday, February 17th and continuing through the following weekend. Then, the first weekend in March, we will participate with other Smart owners in the annual Chili Cook-off Parade. It is a huge charitable event with lots of entertainment, good food, regional arts and crafts and, of course, chili cooking, tasting and judging. Grupo Modelo is one of the major sponsors, so there will be just a bit of Corona flowing as well.

#8 ·
Here we are, a few years later, and my activities have been curtailed by detached retinas and significant blindness. I can no longer drive or read. Getting around is difficult enough with COPD and my wife is burdened with taking care of everything, including me.
As such, we've reluctantly put our home on the market. If you want to take a look, go to Glenn Home $292,000 USD

#13 ·
Here we are, a few years later, and my activities have been curtailed by detached retinas and significant blindness. I can no longer drive or read. Getting around is difficult enough with COPD and my wife is burdened with taking care of everything, including me.
As such, we've reluctantly put our home on the market. If you want to take a look, go to Glenn Home $292,000 USD
Looks like you've been living the Dream... Take care of yourself now, and good luck in the New Year...

#12 · (Edited)
We hope that we won't have to move back to the USA. I've spent too much of my life elsewhere, that it seems a very strange, foreign and even dangerous place to me. I've lived in Chapala longer than any other single place in my entire life of over 75 years! We love Mexico, but the new immigration rules may be putting us in a 'catch-22' situation. Our income is low and won't qualify us to stay, and our savings are only enough for one. Ironically, if we sell and deposit the proceeds, we would qualify and could then be permanent residents, which we should have done years ago, either owning or renting. In any event, downsizing at our age would have its merits, especially for my wife. She does sometimes complain of all she has to do, but then, considers most other options 'too small'. We also have three dogs & she won't move without them. If the house sells, I kind of hope the new owners might like the dogs, so they could stay at home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.