Smart Car Forums

Smart Car Forums (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/)
-   Mexico Chapter (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f96/)
-   -   Smart Cars in Mexico (https://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f96/smart-cars-mexico-10130/)

RVGRINGO 06-26-2008 07:19 AM

Smart Cars in Mexico
 
Smarts have been in Mexico for several years and there is an active Smart Car Club forum in Mexico which you may join at smart club méxico - Powered by vBulletin if you read Spanish. However, if you don't, you may be surprised to find that many of the members are very capable in English.
As an American who retired to Mexico in 2001 and bought a Smart Passion in 2007, I have enjoyed participation in the Smart Club of Mexico and, just recently, here at SmartCar of America. There are pictures in the Gallery of a recent gathering of Smarts here at Lake Chapala. Have a look.
Those of you who are interested in the experiences of Smart owners on the American Continent, prior to the introduction of the new 2008 to the USA, may enjoy communicating with those of us who have been driving them all over Mexico. In fact, we drew a lot of attention when we drove our Passion from Guadalajara to North Carolina in the spring of 2007.
I know many of you are impatiently waiting for delivery of a Smart. Hang in there; it will be worth the wait.
Bob

Stu Nichols 06-26-2008 07:51 AM

Thanks for the info, Bob. We got our smart two days ago, and have been having a ball driving it up and down lakeside, from Jocotepec to Chapala.
Ours is black, silver trim and red interior, 2009 Passion coupe.

Those topes look awfully big when you're in a tiny car, but she takes them like a trooper.

Karen

Suze 06-26-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Nichols (Post 98488)
...Ours is black, silver trim and red interior, 2009 Passion coupe....



Karen


Hi Karen -

Is this a typo or do you really have a 2009?

Suze

bull8042 06-26-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Nichols (Post 98488)
Thanks for the info, Bob. We got our smart two days ago, and have been having a ball driving it up and down lakeside, from Jocotepec to Chapala.
Ours is black, silver trim and red interior, 2009 Passion coupe.

Those topes look awfully big when you're in a tiny car, but she takes them like a trooper.

Karen

Hay un tope por cada Mexicano!
I hate speedbumps, but not as bad as potholes...

ALSRAC 06-26-2008 09:28 AM

RVGringo: It's nice to have you in your homeland forum, you are an experienced Smart owner you can share a ot with us.

Stu Nichols 07-02-2008 07:26 AM

Suze - Yes, we do have a 2009 smart.

Sorry to take so long to reply. We had electricity problems,
so, no computer.

Karen

JPaul 07-02-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu Nichols (Post 101989)
Suze - Yes, we do have a 2009 smart.

Sorry to take so long to reply. We had electricity problems,
so, no computer.

Karen

Please, please, Karen, tell us more about the new not yet announced 2009 smart, we're anxious to know what's new... :p

RVGRINGO 07-02-2008 01:27 PM

2009?
 
I haven't seen the Nichols' 2009 Smart, or any other yet and I just sent them an e-mail to see if they can give us any details. I wasn't aware that the 2009 was even available yet but it wouldn't surprise me.

arturo.vega 07-02-2008 01:36 PM

The new smarts that you can buy in Mexico are 2009 models, but there are no changes between 2008 and 2009 fortwos.

Agent 99 07-02-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arturo.vega (Post 102207)
The new smarts that you can buy in Mexico are 2009 models, but there are no changes between 2008 and 2009 fortwos.

Colors are the same then? Black, yellow, white, red, silver and blue?:think:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome