Seattle-area Area 451 Cruise Control Install Party - Page 2 - Smart Car Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hey guys... hate to drudge up an old thread, but it sure is on topic!

Listen, I'm (probably) going to the Dells event (June 10 to 12) and I'm tagging on a few days at the end of it to do some installs in NC too. I'm going to be driving down to Seattle and flying from there. I probably can't do anything on the way in, but on the way back I can leave a day to do installs if anyone's interested. Likely the 16th but I'm not exactly sure on that yet.

If interested, I'll do the same thing for you guys that I'm doing for NC. That is this (warning: math ahead): Everyone at the Dells counts toward the discount tree structure. Everyone at NC (minus two) also counts, thereby lowering the price everyone pays!. Everyone at seattle (again, minus two) will also count! So just get three or more people and EVERYONE pays a lower price in WA, NC and WI!!

Example time:

Right now we have 8 people signed up for the Dells and 4 people signed up for NC. That means 8 + 4 (-2) = 10 people count toward the The Dells discount structure, which means everyone (in WI and NC) pay only $470 installed. You guys can hop on board. If one or two join in, then the structure doesn't change, but if say 4 Seattle-ites are committed, then that would work out to: 8 + 4 (-2) + 4 (-2) = 12 total participants, bringing the cost down to $460 each INSTALLED!

Let's dream a bit. Let's say everyone does a good job of spreading the word and getting as many people interested as possible, I see this as feasible: 12 at the Dells, 6 at NC (4 count toward the discount) and 6 at WA (again, 4 count) then that gets us to the maximum discounted price of only $380 each installed!!

We'll only get to that if people spread the word well, and time is running out.

I should also note that the whole thing is only a "go" if the Dells folks get at least 10. I'm sure they will. NC has a minimum of 5 (but I'll probably do 4). There's no minimum for WA since I have to go there anyway there's really no extra travel costs. If only 1 or 2 are intersted then I don't even have to stay the night.

I'm also open to making stops in any town along the I-5 North of Seattle.

- Steven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,789 Times in 3,507 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Another excellent offer from Steven; can't believe more people aren't hopping on this.

PS - posted (again) on smartusainsider.com: http://www.smartusainsider.com/forum...ource=activity

Last edited by jwight; 05-04-2011 at 04:58 AM.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I'm in! Now to get a bunch more people...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:55 AM

Not a lot of activity! I'm a bit surprised for Seattle!

No matter, in this particular case, as I said, there's no minimum. I'll just do Matt's if that's all there is. Everyone's price comes down if we get more though! So still spread the word!

Matt, I'm going to need you to be a bit flexible though, especially if it is just you. I'd like to do it pretty much right after landing in Seattle or first thing in the morning if its a late flight. I don't have a day or time yet. Right now its looking like it might be Tuesday the 14th either at around 10:00pm or (if that's too late) then first thing the following morning.

Thoughts?

If there's a group of say 4 or 5 to do then I can make a day out of it, but if its just 1 to 3 then I'd like to get them done and get home.

- Steven
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 04:07 PM

Garage
Please let me know when the install takes place. As an Area 451 veteran (I've owned 3 and installed 4), I'd like to meet Steven in person.

Regards,

Dan
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Hey Dan, Sure thing!
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
SCOA Club

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartieParts View Post
Matt, I'm going to need you to be a bit flexible though, especially if it is just you. I'd like to do it pretty much right after landing in Seattle or first thing in the morning if its a late flight. I don't have a day or time yet. Right now its looking like it might be Tuesday the 14th either at around 10:00pm or (if that's too late) then first thing the following morning.
I'm flexible. I'm still trying to get more people onboard with this but it's not looking good.

Where are you headed after flying in to Seatac? BC? I might just meet you at the airport unless you have a better suggestion.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 10:03 PM

It looks like the most probably flight is a 11:05pm arrival at Seatac so that might be too late for you. The following morning (date still TBD) at the hotel (also TBD) would likely be a better option.

And yes, I'd be heading back to BC (by car) after Seattle... but I'm probably not going to be in too big of a rush. Its been awhile since I've been to Seattle so it would be a good time to get some shopping and sightseeing in too.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:40 PM

Alright, I've spent more hours than I care to admit figuring out the airfare and I'm committing to all six cities (Wisconsin Dells, Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Seattle) at this point, with the hope additional participants will come out of the woodwork and that existing participants will spread the word for everyone's benefit!

I've used signupgenius.com to organize the time slots and to provide consolidated info about the event. I encourage everyone to head over there and read through it and (if you've paid your deposit) go ahead and pick a timeslot, keeping in mind that things may have to be adjusted as we go forward. Cheers!

- Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to SmartieParts For This Useful Post:
jwight (05-13-2011)
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Hi again. I still have only 1 person confirmed for Seattle. As mentioned before, I'm flying in/out from there so I don't *need* more to make it happen... but it would be nice if I had more to do while I'm there

Exciting news: The 20th deposit came in so the price is now as low as it can ever be... an amazing $380 INSTALLED!! If you're even remotely interested in getting cruise control in your smart... this would be the time to do it. There's someone driving 12 hours each way to get to the Charlotte install... so if you know someone within driving distance to Seattle... spread the word!

I have a TON of room for installs too, just because Seattle is the ending leg of the journey. I fly into Seattle late on the 17th. I'll stay the night so I have all day on the 18th of June to do installs.

- Steven

Tags
area 451 , cruise control , seattle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode