post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,456 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
World's largest smart meet (Italy, August 4-7, 2011)

The world's largest gathering of smart fans in Riccione

From Daimler's media page.
Quote:
Stuttgart/Riccione. After ten years in Austria, this year the world's largest gathering of smart fans is taking place in Italy for the first time. From 4 - 7 August 2011 the European smart community will come together in the seaside resort of Riccione on the Adriatic coast. In future smart times will take place in a different country each year. This reflects the continuously growing importance of the event for the smart brand. In the space of ten years smart times has evolved from a small gathering to a large European event. More than 4000 smart enthusiasts from 22 countries, some with individually designed vehicles, are expected in Riccione where they will celebrate their passion for smart cars together and connect with designers, tuners and industry experts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Ex Admin/mod.
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,456 Times in 939 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Details, from Daimler's media page.
Quote:
“smart times is a fantastic event, where thousands of smart fans come every year from all over Europe to share their enthusiasm and love
for the brand, experience road trips and concerts and present their wonderful, resourcefully designed cars at the smart parade” says Dr. Annette Winkler, Head of smart. "In future smart times will take place in a different country each year to increase the appeal of the get-together for the smart family."
In Riccione attendees can look forward to a private beach with a stage and a varied programme comprising sport, fun and entertainment with a focus on the smart fortwo plus a very special highlight: the "smart meets Museo Ferrari" excursion to Maranello.
An overview of smart times 2011

1 - 3 August: smart times on vacation
To get into the mood for the event the community can congregate in Riccione three days before the official start of smart times. smart fans will have an opportunity to take part in outings to the hinterland and the Po delta where they can get to know each other and enjoy a holiday feeling as they cruise through the picturesque countryside of Emilia Romagna.

4 August: smart meets Museo Ferrari
To kick off the smart times weekend with its competitions, shows, action, innovations and exchange of information the participants will be able to enjoy a very special highlight in the form of a visit to the home of the famous red sports car: "smart meets Museo Ferrari".

5 August: beach volleyball and smart times contest
On day two beach volleyball and the smart times contest will provide plenty of variety and excitement. At the smart times contest a jury will rate the tuning, design and performance of the various smart models. The programme will be rounded off by test drives and an "after party" every evening.

6 August: smart times parade
At 10 a.m. the starting signal will be given for the traditional smart times parade. In the afternoon smart experts will be available to answer all questions relating to the brand. In the evening smart will invite the fans to Piazzale Roma where the secret "smart times 12 goes to …" will be revealed.

7 August: smart flea market
The event will come to an end with the traditional "smart flea market". Fan articles and all kinds of used parts will come under the hammer. Then it's time to say goodbye and see you next year in … smart times networking

A virtual get-together is already taking place in the run-up to the event at smart times - Event Planning/Event Services - Riccione | Facebook For example, the regular live chat "smart times TechTalk" offers fans an opportunity to compare notes with smart experts and like-minded people and to become actively involved in the smart community.

All information on the event can be found on the website smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo. Attendance at smart times is free of charge. However, accreditation is a prerequisite – also at smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo.
Of note: because of the automatic redirect that smartUSA has installed for all IPs from the US, the two bottom links above may not work. Here is another attempt to post it, let me know if it doesn't work. Note also that it's from Daimler, therefor from the German site, and in German! Including the video...
http://www.my-smart.com/index/index/?p_ID=339

Last edited by JPaul; 06-06-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: link's issue
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
He's not mine
SCOA Club

Thanked 1,626 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Garage
I don't think I'll be able to make it to that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 04:44 PM
SCOA Club

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Oh man, I love flea markets - wish I could make this one. Not gonna happen for me this year, but I hope somebody in the club makes it there, and takes lots of pictures!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I will be able to make this! Might make an iMovie on my iPad. Wish I had my smart here to drive down there in! Hope there is room to park an Audi A-6!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Bohemian Moderator 451gas
SCOA Club

Thanked 5,810 Times in 3,522 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Great! Can iwatch it using my iballs?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Of course you could! I will post it to my YouTube channel
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Hmm...If we part 'em out and get just half what the stealers want for the parts, I figure our profit margin at 300%. Even paying freight and customs it may be worth more and we'll make enough to buy a new "car", maybe from a non-collapsing company, when we get home.

What's the more-powerful American engine worth in 700cc Europe?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryw4csc View Post
Hmm...If we part 'em out and get just half what the stealers want for the parts, I figure our profit margin at 300%. Even paying freight and customs it may be worth more and we'll make enough to buy a new "car", maybe from a non-collapsing company, when we get home.

What's the more-powerful American engine worth in 700cc Europe?
Do you need any assistance in disassembling your car? Volunteers are standing by now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Smart Car Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode