Start your own Smart garage today! Click here to begin your own Smart Car Of America Garage...

rolling snot bubble

Garage
Vehicle Name rolling snot bubble
Year 2009
Make Smart
Model Passion
Color blue
2009 Smart Passion
2009 Smart Passion 2009 Smart Passion
History saw it, bought it, stuck a tow bar on it
Exterior
2009 Smart Passion Exterior 2009 Smart Passion Exterior
Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar - completely removable with no tools.

Interior
2009 Smart Passion Interior 2009 Smart Passion Interior
the Hella 87181 battery disconnect was installed by the original smart center Portland that was run by Kuni Auto Group. Their smart car service team still services smart cars at http://www.kuniautocenterportland.com/

The battery disconnect switch is connected to the negative battery terminal.

for spare battery disconnect keys, google: Hella 87185

Their former Service Manager, Bryce Moilanen, would tell you in the strongest of terms that Automatic Disconnect products (like the one offered by Roadmaster) must not be used in a smart car. People have done things as simple as entering their smart to retrieve an item (while in tow mode) and accidentally turning the ignition key to the ON position without realizing it. The computer then woke and engaged systems that caused damage beyond repair while being towed.

The computer does not know that the car is being towed. It only understands that it is moving and the engine isn't running. It does not have a 'tow mode' option programmed into it.

For those of you successfully not using any battery disconnect - you are the exception. I will not risk it. I made a large-print copy of the flat towing instructions from the owners manual, laminated it, and follow it religiously.

In-Car Entertainment
2009 Smart Passion In-Car Entertainment
radio 9 WooHoo!! *rollseyes*

Under the Hood
2009 Smart Passion Under the Hood 2009 Smart Passion Under the Hood 2009 Smart Passion Under the Hood
Added WOLO Bad Boy horn

I bought it from Amazon.com - link:
http://www.amazon.com/Wolo-Model-419-Black-Design/dp/B000F5DQWY

To install it in front of the radiator requires removing the front clip.

Move the mouse over each picture to read the comment.

Suspension
non-existent

Wheel and Tire
2009 Smart Passion Wheel and Tire 2009 Smart Passion Wheel and Tire 2009 Smart Passion Wheel and Tire
If you want to know how I lash down my steering wheel for towing - I use a 34 inch (from hook to hook) rubber bunjee cord. See pictures -->
Views: 1227

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Clubs, Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.