Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…early this year I had a badly bent and broken rear Brabus wheel that I replaced with my spare set…

last year I replaced the right front on the cabrio with a MB replacement to the tune of$300…

…last night coming back from dinner we now have a front and a rear bent and cracked wheels in the bride’s cabrio…
…looking for options…

Jetfuel…yeah…it sucks

·
Registered
747 Posts
This time of year, after the winter freeze thaw cycles , we don’t even attempt to drive our Smart Brabus (especially at night) , the roads give our ZR-2 Bison a work out , potholes and all .

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
…I have 2 front and 1 rear Brabus left for spares for my Brabus…
…will need to replace a front and rear with the factory stager or go all out for a new set of the same size all the way around for her car…

Jetfuel…still sucks

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
442 Posts
…early this year I had a badly bent and broken rear Brabus wheel that I replaced with my spare set…

last year I replaced the right front on the cabrio with a MB replacement to the tune of$300…

…last night coming back from dinner we now have a front and a rear bent and cracked wheels in the bride’s cabrio…
…looking for options…

Jetfuel…yeah…it sucks
Move to where there are better roads?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
…well… there’s a 2-3 months back order on the wheels the bride likes soooo got the lips back straight
Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Synthetic rubber Grey

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle White

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire White

…dye penetrant inspected and a 2mm V groove cut into them and ready to TIG weld…this are A356 alloy so it is vary common procedure….if you know what you’re doing…

jetfuel…to be continued

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
So noted, we will be sending your Build Back Better tax funds directly to jetfuel…
And this is why we have better roads.
Las Vegas-area voters have agreed to continue paying a fuel tax for local road construction, maintenance and repair.
Measure 5 on the Clark County ballot passed Tuesday.
It will extend for 10 years a fuel revenue indexing program that ties fuel taxes to the rate of inflation and funnels funds into transportation projects.
Right now, the gas tax is 62 cents per gallon. Extending the program means 2 cents more per gallon. The number is going to keep increasing until 2026, based on inflation. It cannot exceed 4 cents per year.
Proponents called the tax the most efficient way to collect money for street and freeway work.
They project that it will generate about $300 million a year and that nearly 200 projects could be built under the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,165 Posts
And this is why we have better roads.
Las Vegas-area voters have agreed to continue paying a fuel tax for local road construction, maintenance and repair.
Measure 5 on the Clark County ballot passed Tuesday.
It will extend for 10 years a fuel revenue indexing program that ties fuel taxes to the rate of inflation and funnels funds into transportation projects.
The voters voted to EXTEND a road tax, who knew?

As a transplanted CA Native I can attest to your smooth, well maintained roads.

Probably a good thing as once you leave the city, most drive at higher speeds!

Joe, thanks for sharing your “2 cents” per gallon…

·
Registered
291 Posts
…well… there’s a 2-3 months back order on the wheels the bride likes soooo got the lips back straight

…dye penetrant inspected and a 2mm V groove cut into them and ready to TIG weld…this are A356 alloy so it is vary common procedure….if you know what you’re doing…

jetfuel…to be continued
I prefer alloys because ____

Please answer. :)

I quite honestly cannot see any advantage that they have over steels unless you are one for looks over functionality.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I would caution on the repair of alloys. My Dad once told me after I had a Hurricane rim repaired about getting sued and all that jazz. He totally forgot about it and the "repaired" rim outlasted the car! Maybe a set of cheap steelies to get you through the tundra.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,165 Posts
I prefer alloys because ____

…unless you are one for looks over functionality.
It’s a “fashion” statement…

Brabus Monoblock alloys are “eye candy” and can be worth more than the car - ask an owner.

BUT, every road trip is like playing the Brabus Wheel vs. Pothole LOTTO.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts