Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
sixcrows, my car has a 10 gallon tank, but I won't go into the reasons why since you said you've already read the other threads on the topic. My 2 cents worth, and many think it's not even worth that. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think I started one of the earlier imfamous threads.

To be frank, it's a bit endearing that we still haven't put this issue to bed.

Maybe we can just take a vote!!! Whatever the majority decides is the answer!!!

(GRIN)

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Sometimes I think we forget that people post partly because they want to be part of the community, engage in the discussion. It's more fun and more enlightening then going back and reading a discussion that other people had some time ago.

Live and let post - that's my motto!

BTW -- I have no idea the true capacity of my fuel tank.
Come to think of it, of all the cars I've ever owned, I've never known this or cared to know.

For the smart, I drive roughly 300+ some miles, pump in roughly 7 - 8'ish something gallons of gas, pay the man and move along. :smartje.rd.zw:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
sixcrows, my car has a 10 gallon tank, but I won't go into the reasons why since you said you've already read the other threads on the topic. My 2 cents worth, and many think it's not even worth that. :)
Y'know what? I am still surprised every time somebody gets so irritated by revisited topics. Quite frankly, I found myself surprised to STILL be driving with 0.0 gallons of fuel, so I shared this on the forum.

Then, I get hit with this "HOW DARE YOU POST THIS AGAIN" mentality. Jesus Christ, if you don't like the post, just close the window. What the hell are these people so pissed off about? Is it the three seconds out of their lives it took to read my post, and then the additional 10 seconds it took them to spout off about it?

It makes posting to this forum FAR less fun than it was when I started here several months ago. I have to try to remember that some members have been very kind and helpful and have actually made driving my car more fun and economical. I suppose the occasional grouchy, self-appointed forum cop shouldn't detract from my enjoyment of this website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Repeat after me: "It just doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter since the rich kids get all the nice looking girls."
There, don't we all feel better?
People read the tech stuff for information. People write here to connect with others. Both activities are valuable and honorable.
This is a very nice site. I guess that's a compliment to you guys (male and female). Like our little cars there is no reason why we cannot be both competent and fun.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sounds like 9.9 gallons or 33 liters.

Now I just have to get my ScanGauge to understand. It either tells me my fill up was 25 gallons or 2.3 gallons when the pump says 7. Operator error I suspect.

·
Registered
179 Posts
sixcrows:
I SO totally agree with you!! I've posted things before, and gotten hit with that same 'you dumb-a$$...this has been discussed ad nauseum' attitude.
Makes me just sign off & not come back for awhile! But then again, there are SO many nice, helpful, funny people here, that I try to ignore the occasional Grumpy-Gus! :)

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Possible solutions

Sounds like 9.9 gallons or 33 liters.

Now I just have to get my ScanGauge to understand. It either tells me my fill up was 25 gallons or 2.3 gallons when the pump says 7. Operator error I suspect.
I was having the same problem. Joey at tech support recommended:
Joey at their tech support had this suggestion:

It sounds like something may have been messed up with the fillup. One way to solve it would be to go back to defaults MORE>MORE>MORE>USE DEFAULTS>YES then enter in your engine and tank size again. And do the fillup calibration from page 18-19 in the manual. (Don't adjust any settings after this initial filllup. Only adjust them at the next and subsequent ones.)
Another factor that Joey at Scangauge pointed out is that, if you disconnect the gauge before it has shut itself off, it won't keep the data from the last trip. Since I occasionally disconnect it and put in under the passenger seat if I know it'll be in the direct sun for a long period that may have been my problem. It seems to be pretty much on track (at least for the last 2 fillups) since I reset it and have been careful to let it shut down before disconnecting.
Hope it works for you.

·
Super Moderator
28,273 Posts
sixcrows:
I SO totally agree with you!! I've posted things before, and gotten hit with that same 'you dumb-a$$...this has been discussed ad nauseum' attitude.
Makes me just sign off & not come back for awhile! But then again, there are SO many nice, helpful, funny people here, that I try to ignore the occasional Grumpy-Gus! :)
Changed my avatar accordingly. :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've decided that my smart car takes three gallons to fill from empty. Ever since that decision, I've been getting over 100mpg!

·
Registered
409 Posts
My tank is far more variable, but lucky for me, the pumps that I go to know just how much I need. Amazing those gas pumps, no wonder it costs a bit...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My frustration is not so much with asking the question again, but that it has been asked and answered many times. People HAVE run their cars dry and filled up, techs have posted, the manual has been interpreted, but there's always someone that says "but it still isn't clear". Instead of asking, as minke-in-sa says, test it and find out, because no one seems to believe what anyone else says. I don't see how "asking the question agaon" will yield any new knowlege. Test it. Run it dry with 1 galon gas can in the back, then go fill it up. Then you'll know. No need to post the answer because there will be many that won't believe you, and will "ask" again.

Go look at the other threads, they were incredibly circular.

There are many threads here that are very useful, this topick however has been beaten to death..
May I just suggest that you stop reading and responding. Go look at another topic! I am relatively new and got slammed by people like you when I discovered what I thought was an anomaly and posted it, looking for information, not a lot of moning and groaning about "Oh nooooooooo", not again"[email protected]!! :rolleyes:

·
17,356 Posts
Oh great, we woke up a zombie thread... Oh well, let's do it...

Ok people, so some didn't use search when they found something they thought was new. Please don't bash them but just remind them that the search option really works and most of the time better than Bing or Google. :)

And maybe help them out with this new-to-them problem instead of just bashing.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
WOW I don't know how this thread was found, I have poseted list of "Gas Tank Size" threads many times but not this one. Glad I didn't because this one should just go away because it is so mean spirited.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
C'mon you guys! The same questions and revelations will be posted over and over as new people arrive at different stages of Smart ownership. This is how an active car forum works. :)

When we quit getting input from our new people we are done as a viable, useful site.

If you've heard it before and want to post, fine... Give the poster some links, or pass along your special knowledge of the subject.

No Knock is the best policy for handling repeat questions. :) A2Jack.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts