Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !
My 2006 smart fortwo passion has a key problem. One day the key is flat with no clicking sound no ticking and the next day is fine and unlocks the door just fine. I bought a new battery for the key and new car battery too but still has the same issue. When the key was dead I managed to open the door but the immobilizer didn't allow me to start the car. I discounted the car battery for 24 hours and then the key was working again.
Please help me if have a magic answer for me.
P.s I only have one key.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Firstly - get another key! Secondly, it sounds like your key ha an internal fault and it may fail completely....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if you're still working on this problem, but if so...

I had a similar problem, turned out to be a problem with connectors on the key's circuit board. SOS Diagnostics can replace your key by mail, if you mail them both the key and the SAM unit. PM me if you need more info.

I apparently have too few posts here to be able to share the link to that conversation. Look for a post by partsrme928 titled "One of my key fobs quit working"

If that fails, search this site for 4146354 , which appears to be the post number for info from others about SOS Diagnostics and keys. I have no connection to them, other than being a damn happy customer. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts