Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have driven the Brabus at my dealer. First the exhaust is no different than stock, the tail pipe has been relocated to a twin center outlet. No difference in sound. The only difference in body panels is an added trim strip around the rear wheel opening. The wheels look great but didn't drive much different that any other car. It seems that the demos are not going to have the 3 or 4 extra options ie. alarm, fogs, DRL and in the Passion, the radio 10. The only changes in the interior was the grayish trim pieces are the same silver as the air outlets. No B on the shift knob or brake lever handle. The Brabus model is around $ 3000 more, but if you were to make your own from the parts catalog, it would cost over $ 8000. That's my review.

·
Registered
488 Posts
in the uk they are swapping out the brabus shocks for std items and claiming better handling...
I have both a Smart Passion and Brabus.

Does "std items" mean the Passion suspension?

If so, I'd gladly give you my Passion suspension plus send you $$$ for the Brabus. There are arguably better suspension systems (some cost about as much as the entire Brabus upgrade pkg), but the Passion suspension definitely is not one of them.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts