Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only got 37K on my tires, and they are showing pretty light tread. So I've been "trying" to find some replacements, with no luck. The smart center in Knoxville wants a LOT for the oem Hankook, and to be honest I'd rather not go back with them. Heck Im even contemplating seeing if someone local wants to trade my 17" for their 15" just for cheaper tires.

Does anyone know the max I could go without rubbing on a Brabus would be? Front and rears?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so it seems I could run the Hankooks for $80 for front and $120 for rears. Any other suggestions beside hankook?

What about running a diff manfacturer for front than back? Is that a no-no?

Im kinda interested in the Kuhmo Solus for the front, but not sure what to pair them to for the rear

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been running them for about 3000 miles now, loving them so far. Just watch out for pot holes (very short side walls). I'm talking about the S-Drives !!

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,208 Posts
Unfortunately, not all tires are created equal. Where I can run Hankook 215/35-17's all around, the same size in the S-Drives won't fit on the front. You will need to check the specs on the tires you are looking at to determine the overal width, height, cross section, and actual tread width to be sure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seen the Yokohoma S drives, for rear only, Im afraid to mis match it with a different front though. Im so new to car tires, use to buying motorcycle tires and paying a pretty penny, I *Thought* car tires would be cheaper :( darn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts