Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed the 10,000 mile service on my smart this afternoon. I serviced it per the check list in the owners packet. Fairly simple really, took me about an hour, including the oil change. I did reset the maintenance interval on the dash per instructions given in another thread. I do have one question though, for anyone already over 10k, when I reset the service interval, now when I push the left display twice, two wrenches show up. Is that normal? I have not been able to find any mention of this so far. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing on the 10K service that an average person with some mechanical ability cannot do themselves. I certainly wouldn't pay the dealership $190+ to do this service.

·
Registered
810 Posts
When I double-tap the left dash lever I see one spanner wrench and it shows the remaining mileage until next scheduled service.

·
Registered
810 Posts
It is in the manual, page 139, and as mdfortwoguy said, One wrench for service A and two wrenches for service B. Although in the US I think A = 10K interval and B = 20K interval.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts