Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out there has put 10,000 mile on their Smart. If so, are you still glad you bought it? I have 10,000 on mine. Had it for a year now. Still like it. Live in Nebraska with a cabrio top. Amazing how warm it can be when it is zero outside for a soft top. I also like driving it in snow and ice. The traction and stability control keep me on course. Even after a year, I still get people coming up to me in parking lots and I catch a lot of people looking in the windows.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Still 22k here, as we quit driving it to stay in warranty. No problems Mech/elect in 2nd 10k, as all the first production bugs were all worked out.

We are still holding below 24k to see how the tire wear issue comes out. A2Jack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just turned over 10K and still love driving this car. Drove 6hrs round trip to dealer for checkup at over 75 and still got 38mpgs.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Still 22k here, as we quit driving it to stay in warranty. No problems Mech/elect in 2nd 10k, as all the first production bugs were all worked out.

We are still holding below 24k to see how the tire wear issue comes out. A2Jack
Better hope the 24 months doesn't run out by then :eek::D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just had my 10,000 mile "service". $248 for an oil change and cabin filter (probably didn't even need it) seemed to be a rip off, but I love the car. Still get lots of waves, smiles, comments, questions. It's all fun!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Just had my 10,000 mile "service". $248 for an oil change and cabin filter (probably didn't even need it) seemed to be a rip off, but I love the car. Still get lots of waves, smiles, comments, questions. It's all fun!

I am going to do my own oil change and have the 10K service done w/o the oil change fee. It saves me $130, to bring the cost to $60. Try that next time.

·
Super Moderator
11,234 Posts
Just hit the magical 10,000 mark but I won't be able to hit the dealer for a few weeks due to work. I'll do my own oil change in the meantime. Only saw the wrench once and it was with a -100... does that mean I got 100 miles to go??

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hit 24,500 yesterday. And its only 10 mo old.
Ive been more than happy with this car. I drive 100 miles RT everyday for work.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Just hit the magical 10,000 mark but I won't be able to hit the dealer for a few weeks due to work. I'll do my own oil change in the meantime. Only saw the wrench once and it was with a -100... does that mean I got 100 miles to go??
Means your 10K maintenance is 100 days OVERDUE :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts