Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it! While I was driving home from work on Sunday I managed to drive well enough that I was able to get to 100% Eco while driving. :cool:

It didn't actually last as long as I had thought and by the time i'd gotten my phone ready to take a picture it had already fallen back to 99%. :rolleyes:

My late work shift allows me to drive home as I please because there's almost no one on the road at that time of night. But I find that as the Smart car has a negative stigma already, I can use it to my advantage when I want to hypermile. :)

I know that some of you have already done this, but it was my first time. :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Before you know it, you'll be hittin' 100% all the time. Once you hold it for about 10 minutes you'll find it's hard to actually lose it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It doesn't buy you much though. Usually when I hit 100% I am running on the freeway getting horrible mileage. Doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe it's overall consistency? I just know that I was not getting it for the first month and now when I accel slowly and brake long (in hopes that the light will change before i get there), I can achieve 100%. I took a photo last night for proof, but I think yall believe me.

I've noticed that my range has increased to 74 miles (not that I've ever used them all). But I expect that when I move that I will need to work to make my range exceptional, as my commute will increase by a factor of 6

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got 100%eco a few times already, pretty easy, just drive slow, stay in slow lane, and cruising on freeway while watch power meter all the time to keep it near 25%.

Should be about 66miles before dipping into 20%reserve

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got 100%eco a few times already, pretty easy, just drive slow, stay in slow lane, and cruising on freeway while watch power meter all the time to keep it near 25%.

Should be about 66miles before dipping into 20%reserve
Aye to the 25% utilization. I've fond that If I keep it less at or less than 25% as much as possible, then I will get 100%.

When commuting on the streets that I use, either I keep behind the large delivery trucks or face road rage from the commuters. I can certainly keep usage low, or be poignantly wasteful.

I prefer to conserve energy, but I also like to have bit more freedom.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can hit 100% pretty much any time I want, but it's a bit of a pain driving that way. The biggest factor seems to be never using the brakes until I'm down to a creep. Whatever algorithm the system is using wants you to coast to a crawl every time, and just use the brakes at the last second. It means driving ahead. And not living in the city. How I accelerate doesn't seem to matter as much.

I, too, have noticed that there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the Eco reading and how much range I get on a charge.

·
Registered
312 Posts
How I accelerate doesn't seem to matter as much.

I, too, have noticed that there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the Eco reading and how much range I get on a charge.
This is my findings as well. My acceleration/speed/power usage does not seem to matter much. If I cruise like 30 miles on the freeway at 55 mph and never touch the brakes I can hit 100% but my mileage will not be all that great.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have found it typically means you're getting the best ECO according to the driving conditions. Steady state driving is pretty easy, but it's more challenging around town - but not impossible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts